H9 midi mapping

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 midi mapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mickisix
      Participant

I’m new to midi and don’t know what I’m doing. I have a Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36, great amp and midi controller FSM-432 MKIII. The H&K instruction manual says other midi devices can be controlled by the FSM-432 MKIII using the midi thru connection from the amp.
      In fact I can control the H9 with the footswich but I don’t know how to specify the commands.
      Example: bank 1, a,b,c,d activates H9 presets 1,2,3,4 and bank 2, a,b,c,d presets 5,6,7,8 etc… Also all presets are on and no matter what play list I load the footswich defaults the H9 to presets 1 through 99. HELP!!!

gkellum
      Participant
      Mickisix wrote:
      In fact I can control the H9 with the footswich but I don't know how to specify the commands. Example: bank 1, a,b,c,d activates H9 presets 1,2,3,4 and bank 2, a,b,c,d presets 5,6,7,8 etc…

Well, there are three ways you could go about this.  One, you could try to change the kinds of MIDI messages being sent by the footswitch.  You could reorganize the presets on your H9 to fit the footswitches behavior, or you could reconfigure the H9's mapping of MIDI program changes to presets.  I'd personally try reorganizing the H9 presets to fit the footswitches behavior because I think that's going to be the easiest to understand and most flexible solution.

Mickisix wrote:
      Also all presets are on

If you save a preset in the active state, it will be loaded (by MIDI program change) in the active state.  If you save it as bypassed, it will be loaded as bypassed.

Mickisix wrote:
      no matter what play list I load the footswich defaults the H9 to presets 1 through 99.

I don't understand what you're saying here.  What do you mean by this?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.