H9 Midi Messages

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Midi Messages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      purpletiger
      Participant

I use 2 H9 units and use the Disaster Area Midi controller to Change presets on both units. The 1st units Input  is connected to the Midi controller and its thru is connected to the the 2nd units input This works great. I have an EVH 5150 that can have its channels change via Midi CC messages. I am wondering if there is a change to send Midi CC messages on the 2nd unit so that when I change presets it will also change the amps channel. I know this ispossible onsome othere units but am not sure if I can do this on the H9 and how it would be set up.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like you want the H9 to send one or more CC messages when a program is loaded. This it does not do. (It's a guitar pedal).

My guess is that you need a more sophisticated MIDI controller that will send CC's as well as a Program Change.

purpletiger
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

It sounds like you want the H9 to send one or more CC messages when a program is loaded. This it does not do. (It’s a guitar pedal).

My guess is that you need a more sophisticated MIDI controller that will send CC’s as well as a Program Change.

purpletiger
      Participant

Thanks for response. I misspoke when I said that I wanted to send CC mesages. I want the 2nd H9 to send a Program Change message on a specific channel for changing the amps channel.  I believe this is possible on H9 just not sure how to set it up.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This can be done with the latest (V5.4) software (on the same channel only). See elsewhere for details.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.