H9 MIDI preset scrolling

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 MIDI preset scrolling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      string6
      Participant

Is it possible to scroll through preset using MIDI like the scroll works when using the unit ? i.e only the display changes when scrolling up/down and the preset load when the unit receives an activate command ?

gkellum
      Participant

You can assign MIDI CC messages to the pedal functions "Preset Up" and "Preset Down".  Those pedal functions work in the manner you've described where the presets are left pending until you either hit the left footswitch on the H9 or send another MIDI CC that's mapped to the activate pedal function.

string6
      Participant

I think that's what I did and it didn't work the way you describe, but I'll give it another try and update tomorrow

Thanks

gkellum
      Participant

In release 4.5.0[3] and 4.5.0[4], it didn't work like that.  In those builds, preset up and preset down were also activating the presets, but it's gone back to them leaving the presets in pending in the latest release 4.8.0[1].

theryanpaul
      Participant

Is there a way to have midi scroll up or down and activate?

string6
      Participant

Tested again and it does work, thank you.

gkellum
      Participant

theryanpaul:

Is there a way to have midi scroll up or down and activate?

Well, when we release Looper for H9, that release is going to have two new pedal functions called Load Next and Load Previous that you can use to do this. Until then, the only other option would be ot install 4.5.0[3].

montigeau
      Participant

I also want midi to scroll and have the preset active when i + or – to it. I see this thread is a couple months old. Did anything change?  Will I still have to revert back to an older version to do this? I keep reading conflicting answers. 

Thanks 

tsutek
      Participant

As we are on the subject of changing presets via MIDI, how would one go about mapping a relative MIDI encoder to going through presets? Seems to send values of 0-63 when rotating left and 64-128 when rotating right..

Also, is there a chance of adding MIDI note support for MIDI. automation? I have lots of buttons I could use for preset switching, but they send MIDI notes, not CC..

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.