H9 midi program change dilemma

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 midi program change dilemma

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Duncan21

Apologies first as I’m not very midi-knowledgable but can’t seem to find a solution.

I am using the Musicom Lab EFX LE loop switcher, and am trying to program presets, with program changes to the H9. The perplexing part is this: on Bank 1, preset 5, I program an H9 delay to come on with no problem, and save it. But now, every preset on Bank 1 (5 in total) all have the delay coming on, when I only, in this case, want it on Preset 5, not the ones 1 through 4. Notice that if I switch to Bank 2 (or any other Bank), no delay comes on. Seeing as I might want a tremolo on preset 1, a chorus on preset 2, etc., this is proving complicated.

Hope I have expressed myself clearly, and any help greatly apppreciated!

gkellum
      Participant

It sounds like you're having some trouble configuring your Musicom Lab EFX LE loop switcher.  When I'm having trouble with a MIDI device, the first thing that I do is connect it to a computer and use a midi monitoring app like MIDI Monitor on Mac or MIDI Ox on Windows so that I can see what exactly is coming out of the device.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Duncan21 wrote:

The perplexing part is this: on Bank 1, preset 5, I program an H9 delay to come on with no problem, and save it. But now, every preset on Bank 1 (5 in total) all have the delay coming on, when I only, in this case, want it on Preset 5, not the ones 1 through 4.

To me it sounds like you've set a certain Program Change message for all presets in Bank 1. Please check the MIDI setting of your loop switcher, and see what are the assigned messages of the presets in Bank 1. I find the page 14 of this manual might be helpful to you.

http://www.musicomlab.com/download/EFX-LE_Manual_110E.pdf

Duncan21

Hmm, no luck. Here’s another weird one.

Assign chorus on H9 to Bank 2 Preset 1.

Press Presets 2 ,3 ,4, then 5, no H9 comes on, which is fine as nothing has been programmed on those presets yet.

BUT, press Preset 1, and then change directly to Preset 5, the Chorus stays on.

How is this possible? Or perhaps, better to ask Why!

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Duncan21 wrote:

Assign chorus on H9 to Bank 2 Preset 1. Press Presets 2 ,3 ,4, then 5, no H9 comes on, which is fine as nothing has been programmed on those presets yet. BUT, press Preset 1, and then change directly to Preset 5, the Chorus stays on.

What MIDI message have you assigned to Bank 2 Preset 1 on your pedal controller? My guess is you only assigned MIDI message to Preset 1 but no messages for other presets. So when you switch to other presets your controller won't send any MIDI message so your H9 stays on at the Chorus effect. Try set a Program Change number for other preset (for instance, PC 127), and set the function of PC 127 to "Bypass the pedal" in H9 Control or on your H9 unit.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.