H9 Midi Using Ground Control Pro – Load Preset

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Midi Using Ground Control Pro – Load Preset

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      joinpobob

Hi, 

I would like to have my Ground Control Pro (GCP) load a preset on my H9 in an engaged / unengaged state based on the GCP instant access setting.  And, now I will try to explain.  

Let’s say I have preset 10 saved on my H9.  On my GCP, I have a midi preset for a song.  I have an instant access button that corrsponds to the H9.  I can get preset 10 to load on the H9 with no problem using midi.  But, what I want is that when the GCP instant access button for the H9 is saved as off (unengaged), when I load the midi preset on the GCP, preset 10 should load on my H9, but the H9 should be unengaged / off / bypassed.  Then, when I press the instant access button on the GCP, the H9 will then be engaged.  

Right now, I can only get the H9 to load unengaged if I have the preset saved as unengaged.  And then to engage / unengage the H9 using my GCP, it often takes two steps to get it to synch.  

I have looked into the H9 pedal settings for controling Left footswitch / toggle / etc., but nothing seems to work.  I can’t be the only one trying to do this.  And I can get it to work flawlesly with other brands on my board.  

Please help.

Thanks. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You say "Right now, I can only get the H9 to load unengaged if I have the preset saved as unengaged". Assuming by "engaged", you mean "active", this is how the unit is designed to work.

It might be helpful if you could say what brands work "flawlesly", and in what way they do this.

joinpobob

Hi Nick, thanks for the quick reply.  

I can get my Mobius by Strymon to work how I want it to.  (And I didn’t mention the competitor because I am a Eventide supporter; I did not intend “flawlessly” to be a cheap shot, and I only mention them to say that this isn’t some far-fetched idea that only I have thought of to implement.)

To get that to work, I send a MIDI CC Message of 102 (they call that “Bypass”).  So then if I have my GCP saved with the instant access button lit, it will send 127 value to engage the footswitch on the Mobius; if I have my GCP saved with the instant access button unlit, it will send 0 value to unengage the footswitch on the Mobius.  This works to load the preset and also works so that the light on the footswitch of the GCP always is the same as the footswitch on the Mobius.  

Is this possible on the H9?

Thanks very much for your help. 

joinpobob

One other related question.  OK, if I have to save the preset as active or inactive depending on how I want the preset to load, I can live with that.  But is there a way so that it only takes one press of the button on the GCP to toggle the state?  (I tried toggle and left, etc, but all seem to require two times for the action to occur).

Thanks. 

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        joinpobob wrote:

One other related question.  OK, if I have to save the preset as active or inactive depending on how I want the preset to load, I can live with that.  But is there a way so that it only takes one press of the button on the GCP to toggle the state?  (I tried toggle and left, etc, but all seem to require two times for the action to occur).

There are two solutions:

1. Just save the preset while it's on, so when you load this preset it will be on as how it was saved.

2. I believe your GCP can send 2 MIDI messages when you press a switch once. So you may set the first message to MIDI PC to load the preset, and set the second to a MIDI CC message to trigger on or off that preset. Here I've attached a screenshot of H9 Control. You may set the MIDI CC mappings for Bypass or Active in the H9 Control by going to "Pedal Settings"->"MIDI Settings"->"Assign MIDI CC functions"->set MIDI CC for "Active" and "Bypass" accordingly.

camn
      Participant

If you set CC102 to “toggle bypass and active” you should be able to get pretty similar function to the Strymon… but you might need the GC to send 127 each press. *

On the H9 its all under PEDAL–>ASSIGN MIDI CC MESSAGES

*dont have a GC, havent checked 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.