H9 ModEchoVerb – Knobs not responding to subsequent CC after being set to 0

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 ModEchoVerb – Knobs not responding to subsequent CC after being set to 0

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      edo.kamal

Hi

I’m setting up my MIDI controller (MorningstarFX MC6) to work with the ModEchoVerb algorithm on the H9 and noticed that if I send CC to set some knobs to zero, those knobs won’t respond to the first set of CC I send afterwards. But these knobs will respond to a second set of CC changes.

I don’t have the unit in front of me, but if I remember correctly the knobs are Reverb decay, Echo (subdivision) and Echo-Fdbk. Tempo is on by the way.

Is this a known issue? Do we know a way to make this work?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      edo.kamal wrote:

Is this a known issue?

It is not a known issue, and I suspect the problem is not with our product. But, of course I would say that.

I say that because our MIDI interface does not really care about values – it passes them on to the parameter expecting them – there is no state machine in action.

Obviously trigger-type functions will care, but linear knob parameters will not.

edo.kamal

Thanks Nick. I’ll do more testing. For the time being I’m using the first value above “Off” so the knobs go back up straightaway when I tell it to.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.