H9 new algorithms for 2017?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 new algorithms for 2017?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 41 reply threads
  • Author
      Bodde
      Participant

It has been very quiet over here lately. Just wondering are there any algorithms planned in the near future for the H9?

Can someone from Eventide maybe offer a glimpse of what is yet to come for the H9?

gkellum
      Participant

We have a newletter scheduled to go out at the start of the next week that will have a sneak preview of the new H9 algorithm.

brock
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

We have a newletter scheduled to go out at the start of the next week that will have a sneak preview of the new H9 algorithm.

Well, that’s got it narrowed it down to one of the 4 basic food groups.  wink

Bodde
      Participant

ok great! thanks….

kenhan
      Participant

Peach…fuzz?

brock
        Participant
        kenhan wrote:
        Peach…fuzz?
        And then Tony wrote:
        Eventide will also be unveiling a new multi-effect algorithm for their TEC Award-winning H9 Harmonizer® platform called PitchFuzz. This new set of effects combines delay, pitch-shifting and distortion to create sounds never before offered in a single stompbox. PitchFuzz represents Eventide’s unique take on the classic fuzz octaver. With three chromatic voices, you can create virtual chords and route them before or after the fuzz and delay effects.

“When we first announced the H9, it was viewed as ‘just another stompbox’,” explains Agnello. “It took a while for folks to grok that the H9 is different. It’s a living, evolving platform. With the release of our latest algorithm PitchFuzz, we’re giving H9 owners yet another useful and powerful creative tool for less than a night at the movies. With the H9, musicians have a world of studio-quality effects at their feet or on the console.”

Source:

http://www.mixonline.com/thewire/eventide-unveil-plug-breakthrough-and-new-h9-effect-winter-namm/429050

This sounds like another candidate for signal flow graphics / adjustments on “page 2”.

Now I wonder where FEEDBACK (if available) re-enters that signal chain …?

Bodde
        Participant
        brock wrote:

kenhan wrote:
        Peach…fuzz?
        And then Tony wrote:
        Eventide will also be unveiling a new multi-effect algorithm for their TEC Award-winning H9 Harmonizer® platform called PitchFuzz. This new set of effects combines delay, pitch-shifting and distortion to create sounds never before offered in a single stompbox. PitchFuzz represents Eventide’s unique take on the classic fuzz octaver. With three chromatic voices, you can create virtual chords and route them before or after the fuzz and delay effects.

“When we first announced the H9, it was viewed as ‘just another stompbox’,” explains Agnello. “It took a while for folks to grok that the H9 is different. It’s a living, evolving platform. With the release of our latest algorithm PitchFuzz, we’re giving H9 owners yet another useful and powerful creative tool for less than a night at the movies. With the H9, musicians have a world of studio-quality effects at their feet or on the console.”

OK great news! A combination of delay, pitch and drive/fuzz was exactly my wish for a new H9 algo. I love these combined algos like SpaceTime. Makes te H9 even more versatile. Thanks Eventide!!!

javiceres
        Participant
        brock wrote:
        kenhan wrote:
        Peach…fuzz?
        And then Tony wrote:

Source:

http://www.mixonline.com/thewire/eventide-unveil-plug-breakthrough-and-new-h9-effect-winter-namm/429050

This sounds like another candidate for signal flow graphics / adjustments on “page 2”.

Now I wonder where FEEDBACK (if available) re-enters that signal chain …?

Now, that’s THE question.
        We’ll see…

peterfrequency
      Participant

Any news? Just subscribed to the newsletter today and haven’t received anything so don’t know if it’s been sent out.

Bodde
      Participant

I received this teaser in the mail but it so vague that I have no clue what they are talking about. It briefly mentiones a new H9 algorithm at 1:58 but you won’t get any wiser by watching this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOW3oGnlbcg&feature=youtu.be

skywriter
      Participant

It’s pretty fruity! Sounds like a nifty pinch factor-like alg. Liked seeing some H9000 news too 🙂 too bad it doesn’t work with EVE/NET. I’ll have to make some room!

Given To Fly
      Participant

Nice find brock! 

cliveluis
      Participant

I really hoping this can do decent distortion + delay  lead sounds.. since both crush station and sculpt dont have delays

cliveluis
      Participant

I really hoping this can do decent distortion + delay  lead sounds.. since both crush station and sculpt dont have delays

smalsbury

I know the Pitch Fuzz teaser trailer says “coming soon” but any chance someone can ballpark the ETA? (1st quarter?)

Satoristate

Am I the only H9 user who checks every day if PitchFuzz is finally out?!? =D

Given To Fly
        Participant
        Satoristate wrote:

Yes. No one cares. Just like no one cares about a new Star Wars trailer or if that giraffe has given birth yet. cheeky

Given To Fly
        Participant
        Given To Fly wrote:

Satoristate wrote:

Yes. No one cares. Just like no one cares about a new Star Wars trailer or if that giraffe has given birth yet. cheeky

The giraffe has given birth and the new Star Wars trailer is out…indecision…not that I’m keeping score or anything. wink (This is not a criticism, but this forum has the most unusual Smiley’s I’ve ever seen. That last one is “wink” but it looks like “left half of face glaring at right half of face sleeping soundly.”

Bodde
      Participant

haha…Yes, can’t wait!

Any news from Eventide?

peterfrequency
      Participant

Also very much looking forward, and hoping more are in the pipeline 🙂

actioncamp
      Participant

how’s this coming? March is almost over! 🙂

wedelich
        Eventide Staff
        actioncamp wrote:
        how's this coming? March is almost over! 🙂

Hi guys,

Unfortunately we've had scheduling conflicts resulting in a delay on PitchFuzz, so we need to push back release about a month.  It's looking like the end of April.  

jblr
      Participant

Hi Guys, pitchfuzz web logo dissapeared since a week more or less, so i knew something wrong was happening..
      By the way, in this awaiting inpass, you could try to improve fuzz, seems it’s the worst and less appetizing bite from peach ;-).

Bodde
        Participant
        Jblr wrote:
        By the way, in this awaiting inpass, you could try to improve fuzz, seems it’s the worst and less appetizing bite from peach ;-).

Based on what? where did you hear it?

I don’t mind that it is posponed. I trust the Eventide staff to do the best they can. If that takes a little bit more time it’s only a better result in the end.

jblr
      Participant

I prefer things well done, yessss, so i agree with you. And because of it, if someone has seen and, more important, heard YouTube NAAM demos with Alan Chaput, and looks at reviewer’s face…. Seems not too much impresive fuzz sound. It’s my personal opinion based on a few minutes listening to peachfuzz demos, it seems that the fuzz part is an one trick pony with an only kind of fuzz, it would be great to have a wide range of fuzz shapes and tones, from benders and maestros to Muffs.
      All that said, H9 It’s a great and quality tool, and Eventide an innovative company. But for that reason, everybody has to tells them ways and ideas to improve something, maybe, not too top notch.
      Anyway… I hope it will be a new great algorithm as soon as possible.

gkellum
        Participant
        Jblr wrote:

Seems not too much impresive fuzz sound. It's my personal opinion based on a few minutes listening to peachfuzz demos, it seems that the fuzz part is an one trick pony with an only kind of fuzz, it would be great to have a wide range of fuzz shapes and tones, from benders and maestros to Muffs.

I will say that the fuzz sound has changed since that NAMM video.  My colleague, Pete, agreed that it wasn't quite right, and he spent some time trying out some different approaches.  I've heard at least one of my colleagues say that it's now their favorite distortion in the H9…  People are so particular about distortion sounds that I can't guarantee you'll agree with him, but in any case the algorithm has evolved a bit since you last heard it.

jblr
      Participant

Thank you, I am so happy that i am not a complaining guy, and even more happy that Eventide try the best to improve for making the best effects in the world.
      You are the best, boys.

strayhorse45
      Participant

I am a newbie to Eventide but my H9 Max is overwhelmingly awesome! I am excited to hear this new algo when it does come out, and appreciate what fine craftsmanship you guys put into your products.

I recently became the owner of the H9 MAX and I was convinced (not even checked) that the device has a serial double delay. Filter Pong does not have separate adjustment of feedback, so not really suitable. Please fix this misunderstanding!

camn
        Participant
        wallirec wrote:

I recently became the owner of the H9 MAX and I was convinced (not even checked) that the device has a serial double delay. Filter Pong does not have separate adjustment of feedback, so not really suitable. Please fix this misunderstanding!

ALL the other delay algos have separate feedback controls. Maybe theycan do what you want? They are all parallel, as far as I know, though.

If you really want series, you CAN do it manually, with an extra patch cord. Check it out:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/timefactor-dual-delay-series

As far as the “misunderstanding”… am I reading right that you didn’t actually check it out.. you just thought maybe the delays were serial? The technical details of the H9 are pretty avaliable, and I, for one, never thought there would be serial delays… so i kind of think you are the only one who can correct that misunderstanding 🙂

Cheers!

Big Lid
      Participant

When’s the release?

strayhorse45
      Participant

The suspense is killing me! Release it already! Lol

actioncamp
      Participant

Less than a fortnight according to their instagram yesterday. 

so there ya go, like 2 weeks max?

strayhorse45
      Participant

Good deal. Thank you for the update. I missed it.

peterfrequency
      Participant

Must be on its way soon… Lookong forward…

Two weeks have passed…

peterfrequency
      Participant

Taps fingers

ecordell

@wallirec – hilarious pic. I check everyday with the rest of you.

gkellum
      Participant

PitchFuzz is going to be released on Monday.  (5/15)

Bodde
      Participant

That’s one day before my birthday so I consider this a birthday gift. Thanks Eventide!!!!

I have nine time zones of difference with New Jersey – I have to wait a day longer 🙁

Maybe I’m a little rushed, but it would be nice if the fiftieth algorithm was a long-awaited serial delay!

Big Lid
      Participant

Is it me or are the levels way too high?  My wet signal from the H9 is way hotter than the dry signal for pretty much all patches..

dharmabam
      Participant

Yeah -*far too high. Nice effect (not for me) but seems to be additionally a crazy-ass boost pedal …

AndreScott

They are quite loud. Increasing the gain also increases the output. It’s tricky to manage for unity gain.

All in all I like the update though. Trying to find songs to use them!

Any chance the folks over at H9 HQ could whip up a “ClassicsFactor” algorithm? Include some pedalboard staples… blue box number 2 chorus, orange box phaser, grey box flanger etc…

As much as I love my H9, sometimes it’s hard or impossible to get those old school sounds, even sitting next to the originals! I would love to be able to leave the originals at home.

Thanks!

brock
        Participant

I see about an 18-20 dB spread of Output levels in the factory presets.  To me, that implies a variety of sources, preset programmers, & system setups.  I suppose that Eventide could have tried to compress that range, with a single test system.  Even that isn’t going to translate perfectly for the myriad of end-user configurations out there.

So what do you do (especially in an algo with hi-gain possibilities, with some automatic leveling features)?  ‘Normalize’ everything to 0 dB?  That has the same potential for TS issues. Use the Input & Output meters in H9 Control.  Tweak the presets to behave well in your own signal chain.  Presets were never intended to be ‘plug ‘n’ play’ for everyone. Otherwise, they’d be burned into ROM, and not adjustable & savable to RAM.  

AndreScott wrote:
        … Any chance the folks over at H9 HQ could whip up a “ClassicsFactor” algorithm? Include some pedalboard staples… blue box number 2 chorus, orange box phaser, grey box flanger etc… As much as I love my H9, sometimes it’s hard or impossible to get those old school sounds, even sitting next to the originals! I would love to be able to leave the originals at home. Thanks!

I’ve got a few of those in preset form, if you’re interested.  I don’t often set out to ‘clone’ the classics, using the H9.  But I did cop my Script Phase 90 & original 117 at one point.

For the CE (which I don’t own), I started with very similar parameter values, then ‘translated’ across many, many algorithms.  That was more of an A-B test on how the embedded chorusing features compared to one another.  Subtle, yet distinctive.

Bodde
      Participant

So many complaints about the high output of the (Pitch) Fuzz! I wonder if Eventide is going to update the algo.

As far as new algos are concerned; really wonder what they will come up with next. I hope a four head tape delay like the Binson Echorec, or maybe a new kind of Ring Modulator or a Bitcrusher.

camn
      Participant

It would be kind of horrifying if they changed an actual algorithm . Everyone who uses it for anything would suddenly have presets that are too quiet!

Now- updating the PRESETS is another story altogether. The PitchFuzz presets ARE generally unusable as they sit… but I make my own preset in every algo anyway, so it is not really anything. I would be unhappy if they changed the underlying gain staging now, after I have things how I like them.

Probably more useful would be giving us a little more advanced methods of organizing presets. Like a “Hide All Factory Presets” button? Or maybe folders?

Bodde
        Participant
        camn wrote:

It would be kind of horrifying if they changed an actual algorithm . Everyone who uses it for anything would suddenly have presets that are too quiet!

Now- updating the PRESETS is another story altogether.

It’s very easy and quick to adjust your level. So that should’t be a reason for not updating the algo.

camn
        Participant
        Bodde wrote:

It’s very easy and quick to adjust your level. So that should’t be a reason for not updating the algo.

If that were true, why suggest it needs updating to fix the levels??

But seriously.. anything that changes a patch I am already using on stage would be an unwelcome update, imo. 

Updating presets? Sure. I don’t have them on my pedal anyway. Let me file away all the PitchFuzz presets that I am not using because they are too loud? I want that. My H9 control app is cluttered with presets I don’t use.

But changing the underlying algo, so I have to go in and re-do my presets if I update the pedal? That should never be done. This is a stomp-box.. I need it to be predictable on stage… not unpredictably different after an update. And anyway- the PitchFuzz algo is fine. Its just that the presets aren’t gain-matched very well. 

mistercharlie
      Participant

I’d be interested in seeing some of your phaser presets. I’ll swap for my DMM one? 🙂

mistercharlie
      Participant

Here it is.

brock
      Participant

Thanks for that DMM.  I couldn’t get to compiling ‘Classic’ presets last night.  Here’s a direct link to a 50-Preset List; five from each ModFactor algorithm.  Those Phaser presets may be more convoluted than ‘classic’.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1383432/Yeah%2C%20But%20The%20Modulation%20FX.h9z

mistercharlie
      Participant

Great!

I’m getting quite a collection of your excellent presets, Brock.

Hermetech
      Participant

Thanks for these presets Brock, some fab stuff in there!

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.