H9 newbie tomorrow – looking for tips and guidance esp for algorithms

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 newbie tomorrow – looking for tips and guidance esp for algorithms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Congratulations and enjoy !!

My advice, which is rarely taken, is to read all the manuals from cover to cover until you understand them.

If possible, download the latest ones from the Web Site.

joegrant413
      Participant

Thanks. Got the manuals freshly downloaded, and will put the PDFs on my Kindle. (Email it to your Kindle ID, and put “CONVERT” on the subject line, BTW.)

– Joe

joegrant413
      Participant

Tomorrow is expected to be H9 day! I’ll be getting the original / standard one. I’ve downloaded the user guide and algorithm guide, and know about this forum, some YouTube videos, and also some threads on thegearpage.net

One takeway from all of this is there seems to be an overwhelming degree of options — if you let yourself try to take it all in too soon.

So what are some initial steps you’d recommend for a newbie? Should I even bother thinking about which algorithm to get with my coupon at first? What is the best way to figure out which algorithms and presets to check out at first?

Thanks,

– Joe

gkellum
      Participant
      joegrant413 wrote:

What is the best way to figure out which algorithms and presets to check out at first?

Well, Pete Thorn made a nice demo video where he played through a lot of different algorithms. If you hear anything you like in his video, it'll be clear where to go to find that sound:

There are lots of other well made similar video on YouTube.

Here's one from Brett Kingman:

And here's one from my colleague, Alan Chaput:

joegrant413
      Participant

Thanks. I have checked out Thorn’s video — he does great ones for other gear too! — and like the idea of chasing after some his tones via those algorithms.

joegrant413
      Participant

I’ve done some googling but don’t see the answer… OK to use a One Spot to power the H9?   Thx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.