H9 no sound

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 no sound

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mikkotrumpet

I have a problem with my H9. Sometimes there is no sound even if the power and active button are on. That happens mostly with some of the algorithms like Black Hole reverb. I also use an Expression pedal and my H9 is connected to my iPad Pro via bluetooth. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes not. Any ideas what might be the problem?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You don't say, but can I assume that you get sound with power off ?

Next thing is to be sure that your signal in and out are at least connected to Input 1 and Output 1.

You also don't say what your inputs and outputs are connected to. Make sure that you get the same result with just a guitar and amp.

Full information please.

Mikkotrumpet

Off course there is no sound when the power is off. My Eventide H9 is a part of my pedal board made by custom boards Finland. Everything is connected right and it worked fine for a couple of months.

Mikkotrumpet
      tstern
      Eventide Staff

It's going to be much easier to diagnose the issue if you remove as much as you can(other than your H9) from your pedalboard chain.  That way, you can eliminate possible other causes of issues.

The H9 itself should bypass when it isn't powered, so you will get audio through it.

When you say you get "no sound", do you mean you get no effect, or the dry signal doesn't pass through?

camn
      Participant

That board looks hot.

I can’t know, but if this persists after a reset… I would bet you have some preset-level settings causing this. Can you show us the preset what it is totally dry-sounding? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

When you said no sound, I mistakenly thought that you meant no sound, as in silence. My bad.

What you meant was no effect, as in dry signal only.

In this case you should follow Bohan's advice and update the software. This may well fix it.

If, following the update, you then follow the UM and "Restore Factory System Settings" (NOT "Presets and System Settings") this will preserve your presets.

But, backing up presets before a major change is always wise.

Note that we prefer USB for software updates rather than wireless – it is faster and sometimes more reliable.

Mikkotrumpet

I mean that the effect doesn’t come through. So the sound is like bypass. Other pedals work fine. It is weird, because sometimes the effect and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it helps when I press the expression pedal, sometimes not.

tstern wrote:

It's going to be much easier to diagnose the issue if you remove as much as you can(other than your H9) from your pedalboard chain.  That way, you can eliminate possible other causes of issues.

The H9 itself should bypass when it isn't powered, so you will get audio through it.

When you say you get "no sound", do you mean you get no effect, or the dry signal doesn't pass through?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Mikkotrumpet wrote:
      I mean that the effect doesn’t come through. So the sound is like bypass. Other pedals work fine. It is weird, because sometimes the effect and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it helps when I press the expression pedal, sometimes not.

You should connect your H9 to your PC/Mac via USB, reinstall H9's latest software in H9 Control, and then do a factory reset

Mikkotrumpet

Can I save my presets? I think I have them on my iPad, so can I sync them with H9 after the factory reset?

bohan wrote:
      Mikkotrumpet wrote:

You should connect your H9 to your PC/Mac via USB, reinstall H9's latest software in H9 Control, and then do a factory reset

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.