H9 Not receiving program change (other midi all good)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Not receiving program change (other midi all good)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom LJ
      Participant

It’s receiving clock and cc messages as should. Only Midi Din connected (Bluetooth off, no usb plugged in), The device sending (Octarack) is successfully sending PC to other devices. I fired up the editor, checked the program list PC receive mapping / numbers, deactivated Bluetooth, rebooted the H9, still not receiving. Prog Change previously worked fine receiving from the same device, though I haven’t used PC in a while and have swapped and edited presets in the meantime (but these all show in the preset list  uploaded to the iPad). I haven’t installed the latest pedal SW, It’s on 5.8.5.1. I’m at a loss, please help!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Sorry for the issues you are having. Is the Octratrack connected directly to the H9?

Can you try restoring the system settings on your H9 and seeing if this resolves the issue?

To restore System settings, power up the H9 while simultaneously pressing the Right Footswitch and the HOTKNOB button until [CLEAR] is displayed.

Let me know what happens.

Tom LJ
      Participant

Many thanks @tbskoglund I wrote a reply to my own message and now see I got distracted and forgot to press “submit”. RESOLVED. A lower midi track on the Octatrack was set to to the same midi channel as the one I was trying to send program change from and the lower one was also sending a PC command. (on the Octarack midi messages from a lower number track have priority). And the OT midi channels send PC messages (if set) even if the track is not activated, which was the case, thus my oversight error. There were no cc messages set on the lower midi track, so that’s why the cc messages from the higher channel were received by the H9.

Many thanks for the quick reply, really appreciated. Great support.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

You’re welcome, glad to hear this was resolved!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.