H9? – Not without IoS

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9? – Not without IoS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      SixGun

I've had my H9 for a few months now and while the effects are lush, the whole experience has been a bit of a let down. I thought Eventide would be much quicker to get us non-IoS users linked up and in ironing out the bugs than they've been.

Last week I got an email from Eventide warning me I have until the 31st to download Resonator for free and check out the free trial on the MOOD project. How about giving the rest of us some Android compatibility before working on new bells and whistles so the other 70% of us can join in the fun?

Also, the H9 control module is un-usable on my laptop because it wasn't programmed to adjust to the end user's screen size. I can't reset my resolution manually to any setting that will give me access to the controls around the edge of the screen, making the software useless.    

Luckily (for me) I have a desk top which has a screen size the H9 control app likes better. However, after spending at least an hour going through the videos and getting a customized list of pre-sets established so I don't have to scroll through all 99 at a gig, I find that application doesn't work either as it does not save or implement the custom list to my unit. I'm not sure if this works properly on Apple computers but I followed the instructions completely several times and would not implement the list on my unit.

I was jazzed to get my first Eventide piece of gear but, on the whole, it's been a disappointment. My questions are…

Is Eventide working on fixing the screen resolution and custom lists bugs?

How much longer before we get Android compatibility?

Will those of us without IOS devices get rain checks on the free Resonator download until Eventide can give us some means of downloading it?

gkellum
      Participant

It sounds like you are using an old version of H9 Control.  The current version of H9 Control is 1.2.1.  You can check what version you have by clicking on the Setting button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen and clicking on the About button.

SixGun:

Also, the H9 control module is un-usable on my laptop because it wasn't programmed to adjust to the end user's screen size.

The more recent builds of H9 Control have a resizable app window.

SixGun:

I followed the instructions completely several times and would not implement the list on my unit.

Well, after upgrading to the latest version of H9 Control, check out this video on transferring lists to an H9 and let us know if you're still having problems.

SixGun:

Will those of us without IOS devices get rain checks on the free Resonator download until Eventide can give us some means of downloading it?

The latest desktop builds of H9 Control have an in app store.  You can get the Resonator using H9 Control on Windows or Mac OS X.  You don't need an iOS device.

SixGun

Awesome, Thanks for the fast response! That's what I get for going off half cocked.

How about that rain check ? 🙂

gkellum
      Participant

Rain check?  Resonator is still free!  Once you download the new app, you'll get it for free.  Hope you have fun using it…

SixGun

Oh Man… Can't wait to get it downloaded and running!  No time at the moment tho. Thanks for the info.

DavidYates

I find the H9 interface on my PC a lot easier to use than the one on my iPad. 

YMMV, but in my opinion you're better with the latest PC version.  Miles better than the older 'Factor interface. 

The H9 has been a real treat for me so far. Keep up the great work, Eventide! Looking forward to more improvements in 2014.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.