h9 not working on power up and weird message

Home Forums Products Stompboxes h9 not working on power up and weird message

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      MrT
      Participant

turned on rig as usual, H9 settings didn't load, turned off and on again and was fine. Caught the message 'speed' on screen before I 're-booted'. Anyone experienced this?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I would guess that "speed" was one of the knob names from the currently loaded preset which might be briefly displayed as the preset initially loads. Any thoughts ?

Has this happened more than once ? If so, maybe check the power supply – if you are not using the Eventide one, try it. If you are, you should probably contact support@eventide.com

MrT
      Participant

Thanks for that Nickrose. That was my guess. I've had a couple of occasions where the H9 has played up, I've even restored it to it's factory settings once. I've got the pedal rigged up to a Ground Control midi system, as well as other pedals hooked up to a midi pedal switcher, so maybe the H9 gets 'confused' at times with so much going on! I hope this is not a regular occurrence, generally it's been pretty solid with changing sounds etc.

tone1963
      Participant

Mm… this also happened to me a couple of times but I didn't think too much of it. Upon start up… my H9 read "No Algo". but once I started the Control App on my iPhone and selected a preset, everything works fine. 

I am using a Ground Control midi controller with my H9 as well then to the EVH 5150III 50w for channel switching. I am powering the H9 with a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power ISO-5 in (9V 400mA) with no issue. Other than the two times "No Algo" display during start-up , the H9 has been working great and I'm very happy with it

MrT
      Participant

Thanks for the input tone1963! Yeah, it hasn't happened since so fingers crossed. I'm surprised that you can power the H9 with an external power supply; my Gator power source for my pedals is negative tip, whereas the H9 is positive so I have to use the H9 power supply, but that's all good!

Yes the H9 is a great pedal, but not 'stage friendly' when it comes to loading the sounds, so a midi foot controller is the way to go for sure! I love my Voodoo Lab set up..Cheers 🙂

tone1963
      Participant

Hey MrT,

Yeah…it hasn't happened to me either since the last time about 2 weeks ago. That's correct, no problem at all powering the H9 with Voodoo Lab ISO-5 using the high current 9V output. This question has been asked/discussed many times over at the VL forum.

MrT
      Participant

Hi tone1963, Just wondering if you've delved into the midi section of the H9 in relation to the Ground Control… I'm trying to get the Ground Control to switch on the H9 (as well as load the preset sound) in just one hit, rather than going to my Commander to switch on the H9 then going to the Ground control for a H9 preset. I know there must be a way through midi mapping but can't figure it out!  at the moment I'm using any H9 algo turned off as my bypass switch, but that's effectively using up a preset.. Do you know what I mean? The Voodoo Lab Commander is great, you can switch pedals, Amps etc. but the Ground control at the moment is only changing H9 presets…

Cheers 🙂

tone1963
      Participant

Hi MrT

I'm no midi guru but I will try to explain how I have my H9 setup with the GCP to work with my EVH 5150III head. Although it might not answer your question…I have my H9 going through the effects loop on my EVH head. My H9 is on all the time, I programmed it to send cc to certain presets to turn the amp effects loop on & off or bypass the H9.

For example,

GCP Preset 1, Clean (Amp channel 1 change via midi) with chorus from H9 Preset 12 in my case with cc effects loop on

CGP Preset 2, Crunch (Amp channel 2 change via midi) dry, H9 is bypass cc effects loop off

CGP Preset 3, Lead (Amp channel 3 change via midi) with short delay from H9 Preset 5 in my case with cc effects loop on

And so on… I'm not sure if this information help with your setup. But It works perfectly with mine.

MrT
      Participant

That sounds great! What I need to know is exactly how you programmed that.. I've got an original JCM2000 Marshall Head so it may not work, but it will give me some idea what to do. If it's cool with you, can we have a chat? or email me direct at   mrtmusic00@gmail.com and we can exchange numbers? Would love to know more about your set up.. I'm actually considering the new 5150 head myself!

tone1963
      Participant

I'm located in Canada… no problem, I will email you and we can discuss further.

pachafa

Hey Tone1963, I’m considering getting an H9 to use with my 5150 III 50 watt. Could I email you with a few questions about the best way to hook it up and also a question about if the H9 can program a certain sound I’m looking for? Thx.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.