H9 on pedal board

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 on pedal board

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      kenhan
      Participant

I just received my H9 Friday. Very excited to explore and learn all it has to offer.

I'm now considering how to put it on my pedalboard. I hate velcro and there's really no good way to use zip tie for H9 with no much free space on the face for the zip tie to run across. One possible scenario I've been considering is removing 2 of the screws on the bottom, find replacement thumbscrews to screw through the pedalboard. 

Can one of the H9 engineers / designers comment on what the screw dimensions are, thickness, thread count, etc? Sometimes you can force fit a screw that doesn't quite fit, and I'd like to avoid it. Thanks.

achaput

The "Industrial Strength" velcro that Home Depot sells  is very strong and works well. Have you tried it?

kenhan
      Participant

No I haven't tried it. My dislike of Velcro is not about its ability to secure the pedal, which I think Velcro does well enough. It's more about leaving permanent marks with the adhesive. I'm attracted to the idea of thumbscrew because it will le me secure the pedal with, be able to remove without tools, and leave nothing behind on the pedal.

achaput

Ahh, I see. Well 3 mm screws should do the job. 

kenhan
      Participant

Thanks. And the thread count?

tstern
      Eventide Staff

The screws are, as Alan said, M3 with an 0.5mm pitch.   The ones we use are 8mm long, but you'll cclearly want something longer depending on what you're attaching to.

camilok
      Participant

Get a piece of clear plexiglass and cut it to the shape of the bottom.  Get screws that are longer by the width of the plexi, and attach the velcro to the plexi.

kenhan
      Participant

camilok:

Get a piece of clear plexiglass and cut it to the shape of the bottom.  Get screws that are longer by the width of the plexi, and attach the velcro to the plexi.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why? That just sounds like twice the work and twice the cost for no discernible benefit.

camilok
      Participant

The use of the screw-attached plexi mitigates your fear of marring the pedal with adhesive.  This technique is also very effective on wah or other large format pedals.  Mission even sells kits for their pedals with plexiglass and larger screws.

I got a large piece, 2 x 4 feet at the hardware store for just a few bucks.  cutting it out takes literally 30 seconds.

I used this on my prized BK butler pedal – I did not want his autograph on the bottom being marred by the adhesive;  this way I can still read the bottom, and have a place to attach the velcro in a non-destructive manner.

kenhan
      Participant

Thanks for the input camilok!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.