H9 Option for Banks Using Aux Switch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Option for Banks Using Aux Switch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bnjiman
      Participant

Hi Folks,

I’ve been loving my H9 Max for the last few years, and before that my Space. 

In terms of control, I’ve had a few midi based units all the way up to a Fractal MFC101 with 17 buttons arranged into 4 banks = 51 presets.

I’m thinking that was overkill and maybe an old Midi Moose could work (5 butttons with 2 bank up/down switches).

I’ve recently come across the following approach which uses three buttons very neatly. 

Could this be implemented and mapped against a three button footswitch

Bank size: User Definable 

Number of banks: User Definable 

Aux1 – Up Bank

Aux2 – Down Bank

Aux 3 – Increase Preset within Bank

This would leave two switches on the H9 for activate etc.

A possible implementation would be 

Bank Size: 5

Presets per Bank: 2

This would give the user 10 presets at maxiumum of three presses away

Personally I could scale back to five main effects (Reverb1, Reverb2, Mod, Delay, Delay2)

with the 5 banks (Spring, Spring Trem, Room, Plate, Chorus, Univibe, Slap Delay, Digital Delay, Vintage Delay, Spacetime)

Hope this could be a useful feature !!

Cheers 

Ben

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      You should be able to set up your Fractal MFC101 or Midi Moose in a way that certain banks and presets send certain PC numbers, which can recall presets on H9 accordingly. Then what you need to do is only to put those algorithms/presets in your H9 in an order as you wish.

bnjiman
      Participant
      bohan wrote:
      You should be able to set up your Fractal MFC101 or Midi Moose in a way that certain banks and presets send certain PC numbers, which can recall presets on H9 accordingly. Then what you need to do is only to put those algorithms/presets in your H9 in an order as you wish.

Thanks for the reply. Yes this is possible however I don’t have the controllers at present. Hoping similar functionality could be achieved using a three way aux switch if the h9 could be programmed to support preset grouping.

Cheers
      Ben

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.