H9 Output Level control with expression pedal?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Output Level control with expression pedal?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      dapeegoo
      Participant

Hi guys,

Is there a way to control the H9's output level with an expression pedal? I want to do this, so it could simulate a volume pedal to mute my signal and then fading it back in. Can it do this?

Wayne

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not at present – a number of people have asked for this, so we are considering it for a future (no current date) release.

mrpollack2

Agree.. But I think that controlling of global input level would be even greater.. just to have natural spillover delays and reverbs preserved while turning down input signal level..

FatBulli
      Participant

Hi,

Are here any updates on this issue from Eventide? It would be really useful to be able to map the output level of presets to the expression pedal. Especially when running delays in loops in post routing. 

apalazzolo
      Participant

Eventide added expression pedal control of either the input or output volume on a preset by preset basis some time ago.  If you select any algo and then select the “More” option in the top right hand corner, you will see a window where these two options are at the top.

FatBulli
      Participant

Thank you for your rapid replies. So much for me paying attention to new features:-) apalazzolom this is what I was looking for.

Can I ask if controlling inout or ou.tput volume per preset also can be set with min an dmax, like the other parameters you assign to an expression pedal in a preset? 

The purpose is to add volume and increase certain pramaters primarely for leads since I run effects like reverbs and delays post routing in the loop.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

My previous reply was mistaken – hopefully this is correct.

Input and Output Swell should do what you want, except that they only reduce level – they do not boost it. You could turn your amp up and then ride the pedal.

The Swell can be enabled on a preset by preset basis, or globally.

Note that the current value is not saved with the preset – the expression pedal is always the current swell value when enabled. The range is always from zero to full.

FatBulli
      Participant

Again, thank you for replying so quickly. This gets me towards the desired effect. I hope you can take into consideration, the possibillity to assignthe “out level” per preset similar to other parameters in future releases of the firmware. 

I believe it would be very cool to be able to increase out level, together with for example feedback and modlevels, especially for lead using delays:-)

Keep up the good work, your products absolutely rock!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      FatBulli wrote:

Are here any updates on this issue from Eventide? It would be really useful to be able to map the output level of presets to the expression pedal. Especially when running delays in loops in post routing. 

Assuming that I understand your request, the H9 has had this for some years.

Look up ISW and OSW under GLOBAL in the User Manual.

apalazzolo
      Participant
      FatBulli wrote:

Thank you for your rapid replies. So much for me paying attention to new features:-) apalazzolom this is what I was looking for.

Can I ask if controlling inout or ou.tput volume per preset also can be set with min an dmax, like the other parameters you assign to an expression pedal in a preset? 

The purpose is to add volume and increase certain pramaters primarely for leads since I run effects like reverbs and delays post routing in the loop.

I have looked all over for this.

The “trim” parameter in EQCompressor will do this.  So will the “output” parameter in MangledVerb (this can be used as a boost/overdrive if you turn off the reverb portion.  I believe Ultratap (which has a great delay) could easily be modified by Eventide to do this.  I have asked Eventide to consider it but they have not responded one way or the other.

People have asked Eventide to modify the “output” slider for every algo (on the right of the Control screen) to do this but it is apparently not possible.

Good luck!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.