H9 & Pitchfactor Communication Error Death Loop

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 & Pitchfactor Communication Error Death Loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      anothertxn

Howdy,

I'm having a hell of a time getting my Pitchfactor and my OS X H9 Control app to function without tossing me into and endless communication error loop.  All software is updated to current versions and I'm running a MBP with Mavericks.  Pitchfactor is plugged directly into a USB port on the comp.  H9 Control initially finds and links to the PF, but after a few seconds I get a Com Error notice.  Clicking OK leads to a prompt mentioning the method for a system reset on the pedal.  If I acknowledge this it takes me back to the original error.  I've reset the pedal following the instructions numbers times without result.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time. 

gkellum
      Participant

Hey, 

It's difficult to know what to suggest for this since we've never seen this sort of behavior before in the office. One thing that you could try would be another USB cable. We had a user earlier this week who had some trouble b/c he was using a very long USB cable. I don't know the length of the cable you're using, but it would be good to try another.

Also, you've tried a system restore. It might help to reinitialize the PitchFactor to its system settings restoring its factory presets. If you have presets on your PitchFactor you don't want to lose, you could back them up with FactorLib or H9 Control if you can get through that without being interrupted by a Communication Error. To reinitialize your PitchFactor to its factory state, power it off and then on again while pressing the algorithm selector knob and the middle footswitch.

Let us know if the problem persists. I guess the next thing to check would be whether you see the same behavior on another computer. We don't usually have trouble with users on Macs, and it would be surprising though if it were something specific to your computer rather than your PitchFactor.

anothertxn

Thanks for the quick reply!  Unfortunately I've tested the PF with multiple cables and and various USB ports with no success. The same is true with re-initializing the pedal. It connect and responds to the H9 Control for about 20 seconds before the communication error kicks in. Any other ideas?

gkellum
      Participant

Well, I'm going to need to talk to some of my colleagues about your problem… But one thing that occurs to me is that PitchFactor is one of the most processor intensive of the Factor pedals, and we've seen trouble with some PitchFactors communicating with the updating software b/c they're doing too much already to handle another task. Do you see the same behavior regardless of which algorithm is loaded on your PitchFactor? 

anothertxn

Yes, the issue appears regardless of the loaded algorithm. I managed to update the pedal to v5 earlier, I just can't seem to maintain the connection unfortunately. 

anothertxn

I appear to have solved the issue…sorta. It's evidently an issue with other devices plugged into the USB ports. If I unplug my other items (iConnectMIDI4+ and Ableton Push) before opening the H9 everything stays stable even after reconnecting the additional devices. Go figure!

gkellum
      Participant

Wow. That's surprising. Thanks for letting us know… I was thinking we were going to have to ask you to send your PitchFactor in, but I guess that would have been a big waste of time…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.