H9 Power Supply Solutions

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Power Supply Solutions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      SixGun

I've had problems powering up my H9 at outdoor gigs using the factory wallwart. It never seems to be an issue inside. I have a Rifftone Performer Power Block which powers all my other pedals. It is center negative and does not have a 500 mA out.

From searching the forums I've learned some of the stompboxes will operate at 12V with lower amp ratings. The Rifftone has a 12V 250 mA out. If I used a polarity adapter will this be adequate to power the unit? Am I in any danger of damaging it if I try it?  

The Rifftone also has two 9V 250 mA outs. If I bridge these using a VooDoo Labs current doubler (Y connector) and reverse the polarity, will that work?  I don't know much about electronics. My concern is if using a Y will double the voltage as well as the amperage and damage the unit.

Any illumination on the topic is appreciated.

thatsrayor

The H9 will run at 12V but needs 400mA, 250mA won't be enough. Using a current doubler should do the job. If it's doubling the current, the voltage won't be affected.

SixGun

Awesome. Thanks for the input. It sure beats having to but a power conditioner and an extra rack.

cvldash
      Participant

voodoo lab iso-5 has 400mA. 

What i must to use? 9v or 12v?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.