H9 powers up to “no algorithm”

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 powers up to “no algorithm”

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      gpie20@gmail.com
      Participant

My H9 powers up to “no algorithm” and then will randomly skip first preset and/or 3 preset. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Does this happen every time you power up ?

I’ve seen this before, but usually if you scroll across a few presets it goes away and doesn’t come back.

If it is repeatable you should probably re-initialize the unit.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Is your H9 a Max or Core? As Nick suggested, you should reinitialize the unit or update (reinstall) to the latest firmware.

gpie20@gmail.com
        Participant

It’s a core. I’ll take that advice and reinitialize it again and see where it gets me. The latest firmware is installed with no change so reinitializing it will be the starting point. Thanks to you both.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

If it’s not a max, it could be that the currently loaded preset slot is not an authorized/purchased algorithm. If you look at your H9 preset list in H9 Control, are all algorithms/presets on your H9 list active/purchased?

gpie20@gmail.com
        Participant

It’s an authorized/purchased preset. It’s always the 3rd preset(chorus/warm) that it skips after powering up with “no algorithm” in the display.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it only occurs with one preset (or one algorithm), it suggests that it does not think that you own the algorithm.

Try hitting “Restore Purchases” on H9control. This will make sure that the H9 knows what algorithms you have.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

“Restore Purchases” is now called “Sync Algorithms with Eventide Server”. You should try this first.

If it doesn’t help, check out the 3rd preset of your H9 list in H9 Control. Maybe resaving it or reimporting the list to your H9 can fix it.

gpie20@gmail.com
      Participant

Hey and thanks for getting back to me with the tips/info. I’ve tried all of the above. Everything indicates/shows that I do in fact own the algorithm(it says purchased and I do/did). What else could it be? And why does it show “no algorithm” when I power up?

bohan
        Eventide Staff

Does that only happen when you power on the unit, or does it also skip the preset when you switch to other presets and come back to no.3?

gpie20@gmail.com
        Participant

When it powers on with the “no algorithm” and it’ll skip no.3 100% of the time. There are times when it will skip the no.3 with out any rhyme or reason it seems.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

You can try copy that preset to your H9 Control locally and resave it to the slot 3 on your H9, or replace it with another preset if you will.

frankistein
      Participant

Hello, I wanted to know why I have the same error, I have updated the software for windows both the h9 control and the pedal that is h9max, when I load my list everything is perfect, except that when I turn the unit off and on again the aux control is misconfigured, but the bad thing is that if I have set preset 1 to 18 (from the app and from the pedal itself), it stays at zero and reaches 0-99 when it didn’t happen before.

I already tried the solution offered above to delete and reload and configure the factory but the error continues.

Maybe downgrading to previous firmware 5.8.5 (1) will work fine? currently the version of h9 control is 4.0.1 and the pedal software is 5.9.1 (0)
      Thank you very much

germanaws2@gmail.com

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try “Restoring Factory System Settings” from the manual.

If that does not work, try “Restoring Factory Presets and System Settings”

You may have already done these, but do it again, making sure you see the display wording described.

Try “Sync Algorithms with Eventide Server” as described above.

Load the first 2 or 3 presets. If this does not work, support@eventide.com.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.