- This topic is empty.
November 9, 2019 at 6:16 pm #115603gastonrealParticipant
I prefer to use the effect loop of the amp when it’s available. Any recommendation for using the H9 PRE/POST routing mode to avoid rewiring any cable in the pedalboard when switiching between amps with and without effect loops?
Will these particular settings work normally?
1) H9 in Normal routing mode. Input connected to Input1 but output connected to Output2. Will it work exactly as if the output is connected to Output1?
2) H9 in PRE/POST rounting mode and preset set to POST. WIll it work if I just have connections for Input1 and Output2?
3) If moving back and forth between Normal and PRE/POST routing mode, do the presets remember if they are PRE or POST each time I go back to PRE/POST routing mode?
I usually play in two places with two different amps:Show More...Show Less...
– Amp 1 with effect loop
– Amp 2 whitout effect loops
I use the H9 for modulation/delay/reverb and I like it always after all the other effects at the end of the chain.
I like to use the effect loop when I’m using Amp 1 but of course I must put everything in front of the amp when using Amp 2. So each time a switch from one place to another, I need to change the wiring of some cables in the pedalboard.
I’m thinking about using the PRE/POST routing options to avoid switching cables in my pedalboard each time I switch from one place to another:
– Connect the H9 in the pedalboard using input1 and output2
– When using the amp with effect loops, set the H9 in PRE/POST mode, presets in POST mode, and connect output1 and input2 to the amp loop as expected
– When using the amp without effect loops, either:
a) set the H9 to Normal mode and hope it’s smart enough to route the signal from input1 to outpu2 if those are the only connections
b) Leave the H9 in PRE/POST mode, preset in POST, and hope it’s smart enough to route the signal if only input1 and output2 are connected
c) Leave the H9 in PRE/POST mode, preset in POST, and manually jump output1 with input2 with a short cable (small manual wiring required)
November 10, 2019 at 6:06 pm #153162nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
I'm sorry, but if you want to use the H9 in mono, you should use Input 1 and Output 1.
You are welcome to try and use it differently, but it will be a matter of trial and error – we cannot advise you on this.
November 10, 2019 at 11:30 pm #153164camnParticipant
jumper cable is best way
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.