H9 Preset List Load Time over Bluetooth

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Preset List Load Time over Bluetooth

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      axman53
      Participant

My live setup uses two H9s and I control them using an Android tablet connecting via Bluetooth. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, a recent model. I have also used a much older Galaxy Tab S2. Same issue with both of them. It takes a full 5 seconds for the preset list to load when I tap the H9 icon on the control app on the tablet. 5 seconds in a live set is forever. If I have to change presets on both devices it’s twice that. Is there a way to optimize the preset list load time, maybe get it down to a couple of seconds? Thanks for any tips.

axman53
      Participant

Crikets…

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hey axman53, load speed of preset lists has to do with how many presets there are in a list, so the only way to optimize it is to shorten the list. Are you making use of all 99 presets in a list? Would it be possible to organize your show to access a different portion of the preset list? Example – Songs 1-5 use preset 1-10. Songs 6-10 use presets 11-20, or something to that effect.

axman53
        Participant

Hey axman53, load speed of preset lists has to do with how many presets there are in a list, so the only way to optimize it is to shorten the list. Are you making use of all 99 presets in a list? Would it be possible to organize your show to access a different portion of the preset list? Example – Songs 1-5 use preset 1-10. Songs 6-10 use presets 11-20, or something to that effect.

This worked pretty good. I wasn’t using the entire list of 99; I had them whittled down to around 26 or so presets. But I now have them down to 12 for modulations and 8 for delays. The load time has improved by a couple of seconds, so maybe 3 seconds now to load the list. Still NOT terribly snappy, but it’s an improvement. Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.