H9 Preset List “Save To iPad” Fails

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Preset List “Save To iPad” Fails

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jamminout

All of a sudden, neither H9 can save to the iPad. 1) Sometimes some preset slots will be empty. 2) Sometimes some presets will name change to "H91234 Presets" and their values will all be 0. 3) And sometimes the "Save To iPad" transfer will just hang at the last preset with an infinite progress symbol.

Any thoughts?

gkellum
      Participant

Well, because this is happening with 2 H9s, it makes me wonder whether you might have run out of space on your iPad?

jamminout

That does make sense, but there is 4.2 gig available. I deleted H9 Control and reinstalled. Rebooted iPad. Then re-registered the Max only and the problem was still there. It loaded all presets up to 98 and then hung there. I will re-register the Core shortly to see what it does.

jamminout

I re-registered and tried the Core again. Same issue. I then did a restore purchases. No change. Finally, I did everything using another iOS device. Same results. Something is up in the pedals. They function properly otherwise so I need to wait until after Saturday gig before I go messing with them. Update stompbox software maybe? They are up to date but maybe a clean install will help?

gkellum
      Participant

Maybe, try restoring your system settings.  (This will reset any system settings to their factory defaults but it won't affect your presets.)  You do this by turning your H9 off and then turning it on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob pressed (the HotKnob is the little switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9, not the big, black wheel).

jamminout

– I restored system settings. No change.

– Then I noticed that all User presets were gone from Presets. (I checked a backup and found they were already missing before the restore.)

– Apparently, during "Save to iPad" any preset from the Preset List being saved will default to the generic "H91234 Presets" if it is not in Presets? (Except some missing preseits did save.)

– Now the question is, how did all of the user presets disappear from Presets?

gkellum
      Participant

jamminout:

– Now the question is, how did all of the user presets disappear from Presets?

Normally, that can't happen.  There's no function in H9 Control that will delete all of your presets.  You can delete individual presets though.  Did you lose all of your preset lists as well?  I think to get to the bottom of your preset list saving problem we're going to need to send you a special build that will log what's happening in the app.  If you want to do this, you'll need to send us the UDID of your iPad.  This link explains how to get it: http://whatsmyudid.com.  So, if you want to give this a try, send an email to support@eventide.com with your UDID and link to this forum thread.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.