H9 Preset Weirdness

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Preset Weirdness

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ahittle

I bought a core and have created 33 presets based mostly on delays, but there are 11 instances of 949 Chorus following those and I can’t delete them. I would never use this preset, much less 11 identical copies. Weirder still, in an attempt to get rid of these, I renamed one “L” just to see if I could delete it – and now there are 5 presets called L that I can’t delete.

I can delete these on my iPad presets, but when I sync to the H9, there they are – and seems like they’re multiplying like bacteria.

I’ve read about the inability to delete factory presets, but this seems like something else. Feels really glitchy.

gkellum
      Participant

Well, you could always do a factory reset on your H9 and clear it out by turning it off and then turning it on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the button in the upper left hand corner of the H9).

You might want to check out this video on preset management with H9 Control:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but usually, this sort of problem comes down to misunderstanding how the app works when you're making changes to your presets.

h9core
      Participant

I have a similar problem, can’t delete or overwrite multiple copies of the same preset. Did you fin a solution?

gkellum
        Participant
        h9core wrote:

I have a similar problem, can't delete or overwrite multiple copies of the same preset. Did you fin a solution?

Please watch the video I posted that gives an overview of how H9 preset management works, i.e. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHXCu9H0Jek).

uskillbotics

Hi Eventide! I can reproduce this issue.

Using:

1. H9 Max (v. H9_5.4.0[0])
      2. iPhone with iOS 10.2
      3. H9 Control 2.7.8

Repro steps (assuming paired H9):

1. Tap Lists > [Name of H9]
      2. Tap a preset to select it
      3. Tap More > Delete preset > OK

Expected results:

1. All presets above the deleted preset should have moved down one slot.
      2. The last slot (99) should now be empty.

Observed results:

1. GOOD
      2. The last slot (99) retains its preset, AND the slot below it (98) now contains a copy of that preset as well.

Notes:

You can repeat this process as many times as you want. That means If you delete preset #1 ninety-nine times, you will have ninety-nine copies of preset #99. If I had to guess (knowing absolutely nothing about the app internals), it looks like the app is copying presets down a slot instead of moving them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.