H9 Presets and Midi values

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Presets and Midi values

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dazza
      Participant

Hi

i’m new to this midi game and trying to load up some presets by an mornstar fx MC6 midi controller.

i’m trying to track down the actual number of a preset? how can i find this number?.. eg a preset is listed as number 2 on my unit? but when i assign PC#2 to my midi controller i will get another number preset.

what am i missing?

Thanks

Daz

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      dazza wrote:

Hi

i'm new to this midi game and trying to load up some presets by an mornstar fx MC6 midi controller.

i'm trying to track down the actual number of a preset? how can i find this number?.. eg a preset is listed as number 2 on my unit? but when i assign PC#2 to my midi controller i will get another number preset.

what am i missing?

Thanks

Daz

There is a thing called a MIDI Map that tells the H9 what preset to load. Look in the UM under MIDI/RCV.MAP

dazza
      Participant

yeah – its not the most helpful instruction. the strymon timeline was easier in this regard.  is there a way to see the preset number from within the h9 control?

gkellum
        Participant
        dazza wrote:

is there a way to see the preset number from within the h9 control?

Yes, if you click on the Pedal button in the bottom menubar of H9 Control, go to MIDI Settings, and to Program Change Receive Map, that is the aforementioned map.  The default program change receive map is sequential.  Did you buy your H9 from someone?  If you want to reset it's system settings to restore its program change receive map to its default state, you can turn it off and the turn it on witht the right footswitch and the HotKnob button pressed (the button in the upper left hand corner of the H9).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.