H9 presets to Blackhole?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 presets to Blackhole?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      lordradish
      Participant

I now have a Blackhole for my Waldorf Iridium, and I want to use some of the presets on my H9… is there some sort of conversion I can do? The H9 have a .tide file extension, and the Blackhole has a .preset extension.

I can sort of approximate the settings by looking at the H9 app and then tweaking in the Blackhole editor, but I’d like to really get it as close as possible.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

At the moment, there is no preset converter. Your method of approximation is the best solution.

brock
      Participant
      lordradish wrote:
      … I can sort of approximate the settings by looking at the H9 app and then tweaking in the Blackhole editor, but I’d like to really get it as close as possible.

It’s tricky; especially visually.  It helps to enable ‘Show MIDI Values’ in the EDM editor.  Even better with the two pedals side by side to A/B audibly, 

Fender17
      Participant

The both preset formats are text files. One may open it e.g. in Notepad (on Win). One gets precise values (no need to guess them) and may write them in the other preset file…..

Should not be hard to make a program for conversion. But for few presets it is doable by hand…..

The qestion is, if they will sound the same.

Fender17
      Participant

I thought you want transfer presets from Blackhole VST plugin to H9…. 🙁 That is not great deal…..

In your case MIDI monitor (and scaling the numbers by 100/127) seems to be the easiest way….

lordradish
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:

At the moment, there is no preset converter. Your method of approximation is the best solution.

Are there any plans for this? Not knowing what you fine folks have coming up, I’d think if you’re going to possibly put other H9 algos into single pedals, it’d certainly make sense.

lordradish
      Participant
      brock wrote:

lordradish wrote:
      … I can sort of approximate the settings by looking at the H9 app and then tweaking in the Blackhole editor, but I’d like to really get it as close as possible.

It’s tricky; especially visually.  It helps to enable ‘Show MIDI Values’ in the EDM editor.  Even better with the two pedals side by side to A/B audibly, 

That’s what I ended up doing, and got it pretty close. The midi values weren’t helpful, as they didn’t correspond to the 1-100 numbers on the h9.

brock
      Participant
      lordradish wrote:
      … The midi values weren’t helpful, as they didn’t correspond to the 1-100 numbers on the h9.

It will get you in the ballpark, but with an extra step, using proportions [56/100 ~= 72/128]

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.