H9 presets to get Guitar to deliver Bass tones

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 presets to get Guitar to deliver Bass tones

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      joegrant413
      Participant

Hi,

Which algorithms or preset would you folks recommend I check out to get some pseudo-bass tones out of an electric guitar? I’m *not* necessarily looking for it to sound as much as possible like a real bass guitar. But I am looking for it to serve that function, and fill out that part of the frequency spectrum, hopefully with some good tone.

The ideal thing I’m after hear is using an electric guitar with my looper. I’d switch on the guitar-to-bass H9 effect just to make bass loops. 

The Octaver and H910 come to mind. But I’d like to hear your recommendations.

Thanks,

– Joe

gkellum
      Participant

CrushStation has an octaver feature, and you can get some nice low, distorted bass type sounds with that.

joegrant413
      Participant

Thanks! I didn’t know CrushStation had that.

Imerkat
      Participant

Pitch-Flex one octave down setting does it pretty well and it’s even polyphonic. Octaver does also but it’s less bass-guitar like

joegrant413
        Participant
        imerkat wrote:

Pitch-Flex one octave down setting does it pretty well and it’s even polyphonic. Octaver does also but it’s less bass-guitar like

Thanks. 

Last night I tried the Octaver. It does its thing well, but the tone isn’t want I’m looking for if I isolate the bass tone. 

joegrant413
      Participant

Oh… can I use Pitch-Flex without messing with the Expression Pedal?

joegrant413
      Participant

Just played around to get pseudo-bass from the PitchFlex, CrushStation, and Octaver. Liked the PitchFlex best for a straightforward bass tone. Like some Octaver stuff immensely for cool synth-y bass that I could see using on occasion.

Thx again!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.