H9 problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      reportergreg
      Participant

Hi there, I have an H9 Core I got a couple weeks ago….it's been working fine, but I just flipped it on and got a message that says "NO ALG."…tried to do a factory reset, it flashes the word "CLEAR", then the letter E, then the letter L, and goes back to the "NO ALG." screen…when I try plugging it in via the USB connector, it tells it me it reads the device, then the software crashes immediately. Any ideas? Anyone else run into this problem? Needless to say I'm not very impressed with a new pedal malfunctioning with less than 10 hours of use.

gkellum
      Participant

What that "NO ALG" message means is that you were demoing a new algorithm in the store and turned the H9 Core off while that algorithm was selected.  When you powered the H9 back on, it tried to load this same algorithm again, but b/c you don't own it and it's not being demo-ed anymore it can't load it.  If you use the Preset switch and just scroll to the next preset, it will load that fine and this message will go away. I think you must still have the 4.5.0[3] or 4.5.0[4] software installed that came with your H9 Core, because we fixed this problem in the more recent H9 software…

With regards to the USB crashing the software, I've seen that happen sometimes when the H9 is on. If you turn your H9 off, plugin in the USB cable, and turn your H9 on, this shouldn't happen.

reportergreg
      Participant

Thanks. I did what you said, it's working again. I'll be more careful about turning it on and off in the future. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.