H9 question regarding bypass and harmonizing.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 question regarding bypass and harmonizing.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      StSpider
      Participant

Hi, I’m considering buying an H9. However, I have two questions that I need clarified.

1) The H9 offers multiple bypass options, including true bypass as far as I’ve read. However, I’ve also read that it is NOT possible to have the pedal in TBP mode AND use the pre/post routing option at the same time. Is this correct? It would be a major problem for me because I run a fairly dry rig and I don’t want my signal to go through an A/D/A conversion every time.

2) H9 would be replacing my Digitech Whammy 5. I currently only use the Whammy for a specific sound: I activate the harmonizer part in the “octave” function, adding a low octave OR a high octave when the foot controller is down or up, and I “move” through the two octaves during the solo. Is it possible to replicate this with an H9 and a foot controller?

Thank you very much.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are right about TBP. Since this is a hardware feature, and Pre/Post is a software feature, the two are incompatible. On the bright side, the H9 A/D and D/A are pretty good, so don't give up before you've tried it.

StSpider
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

You are right about TBP. Since this is a hardware feature, and Pre/Post is a software feature, the two are incompatible. On the bright side, the H9 A/D and D/A are pretty good, so don’t give up before you’ve tried it.

But wouldn’t the signal be converted two times? I mean, I don’t want to sound like a snob “tone purist” but that can’t be good…

spaceJam
        StSpider wrote:
        But wouldn’t the signal be converted two times? I mean, I don’t want to sound like a snob “tone purist” but that can’t be good…

Let your ears decide.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.