H9 Questions, I can’t seem to figure out

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Questions, I can’t seem to figure out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      aaronlittle

Hi guys, I really like the H9, I play mostly at church(es) and these are pretty big in our community.

I can’t seem to figure out a few things…

1) If i buy the blackhole algorithm, does it come with presets?

2) how the heck do I get the h9 to recognize the AUX switch?

I tried to from my phone but it kept teling me to go to general settings and enable it but I couldn’t find it.

THANK YOU!

gkellum
      Participant
      aaronlittle wrote:

Yes, the presets are bundled in with H9 Control.  You should be able to see and use them when you try out Blackhole in the store.

aaronlittle wrote:

I tried to from my phone but it kept teling me to go to general settings and enable it but I couldn't find it.

Click the Pedal button in the bottom menubar of H9 Control, click on the General Settings button and then click the button labelled "Expression Jack".  It has options for enabling that jack for use with an expression pedal or aux switch.  

aaronlittle
        gkellum wrote:

aaronlittle wrote:

Yes, the presets are bundled in with H9 Control.  You should be able to see and use them when you try out Blackhole in the store.

Does it delete one of my current 99 presets or do I need to delete one of the 99 presets before I get the algorithm?

gkellum wrote:

aaronlittle wrote:

I tried to from my phone but it kept teling me to go to general settings and enable it but I couldn’t find it.

Click the Pedal button in the bottom menubar of H9 Control, click on the General Settings button and then click the button labelled “Expression Jack”.  It has options for enabling that jack for use with an expression pedal or aux switch.  

I must have just missed it, I will re-check.

gkellum
        Participant
        aaronlittle wrote:

Does it delete one of my current 99 presets or do I need to delete one of the 99 presets before I get the algorithm?

Oh… When you buy Blackhole, the purchase process doesn't install any presets on your H9.  All of the Blackhole presets are in H9 Control, and it's up to you to decide which presets you want to save onto your H9 and where you want to save them.  Even if you don't save any Blackhole presets onto the H9 though, you can still always get to Blackhole by clicking the Preset switch twice;  this will put you in algorithm selection mode, and you can scroll to the Blackhole algorithm to load it.  But you'll want to add some Blackhole presets somewhere in your H9's list of 99 presets so that you can use the footswitches to queue and load them just like you would any other preset.

aaronlittle

I ended up with the H9 max sold my middle of the road unit for the max.

i got my 3 button switch (t1m http://this1smyne.com/shop/e3dauxswitch/)  to work but it can’t see to figure out which button does what.

I am pretty sure the middle button is TRS

So there are two others, I am guessing one is Tip and One is Ring

My question is in the setup, I go to pedal, then Aux switch mappings.

I see Increment and Decrement preset.

I would want to set Increment to Foot Switch 1 (tip)

Decrement to Foot Switch 2 (ring)

Then I go back to that screen and see:

Increment Preset SW1

Decrement Preset SW2

Tap Tempo SW3

But it doesn’t seem to “take” one of them makes the preset increment the other does not.

As far as I can tell the tap is working.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – we have no knowledge of this switch. I would suggest you contact its manufacturer and ask them how to set it up. (They claim it works with our pedals).

Alternatively, ask them to contact me, giving a complete schematic diagram for their pedal, and I can probably see how to use it.

aaronlittle
        nickrose wrote:

Sorry – we have no knowledge of this switch. I would suggest you contact its manufacturer and ask them how to set it up. (They claim it works with our pedals).

Alternatively, ask them to contact me, giving a complete schematic diagram for their pedal, and I can probably see how to use it.

OK I will.

But as far as the screen I referenced is the aux switch SW1 SW2 and SW3?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

SW1,2 and 3 are the footswitches on the unit (SW2 is only on 'Factors).

The Aux switch is usually Tip, Ring and Tip+Ring (T+R). Note that to use a 3 switch box with an H9 you need a stereo (TRS) cable, and must have UTILS/EXPTIP set to SWITCH.

aaronlittle

I got it up and running.

Works great and makes the H9 much easier to use.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.