H9 questions. Seriously considering purchase soon. Really

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 questions. Seriously considering purchase soon. Really

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      1moreknob

I’ve been a TC GMajor 2 user for a very long time. I run it in the FX Loop of my Bogner XTC
      I control the GMajor with a Rocktron All Access, run in stop box mode. Basically, there are three rows of 5 switches. The bottom 10 select Patch changes, and the top 5 allow me the ability to turn individual FX’s on or off. Those switches are set globally, so #1 is always reverb, two is delay etc.. When I select a patch, the All Access determines if the FX is on or off per preset.
      In the GMajor, each patch’s output volume is adjustable, from zero backward. This allows me to have a volume boost for solos, by having gain reduction on the non solo patches. Simply reducing the output by 4-5db works.

*Can I set up the same type of functionality with the H9?
      *In each Patch, are multiple FX active? Chorus, reverb and delay on the same patch for example?
      *If so, can I remotely turn the Individual FX’s on and off with the All Access without changing the patch using MIDI CC?

If what I learned on YouTube is correct, I can reduce the output gain of each patch. Is that correct? This allows me to have a patch or two with no gain reduction effectively acting as a solo boost. This works quite well.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      1moreknob wrote:
      *Can I set up the same type of functionality with the H9?

Basically, yes,

1moreknob wrote:
      *In each Patch, are multiple FX active?

You can only use 1 algorithm on H9 at a time. However, there are some algrithms with multiple effects, like SpaceTime and PitchFuzz. Please see demo videos for more details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDPKqUVhjzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDCURROB8P0

1moreknob wrote:
      *If so, can I remotely turn the Individual FX’s on and off with the All Access without changing the patch using MIDI CC?

Yes, each parameter in H9 can be remotely controlled by MIDI CC messages

1moreknob wrote:
      If what I learned on YouTube is correct, I can reduce the output gain of each patch. Is that correct?

Yes

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.