H9 Registration/Activation

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Registration/Activation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      abadiemet

I received a used H9 pedal on 12/24.  I've been trying to register the product since that date without success.

I read up on the problem on the H9 support forum.  I e-mailed Support about registration of the pedal.

No communication after attempting to contact Tech Support.  It is somewhat understandable due to the holiday.

Finally, today I received an e-mail asking for a picture of my H9's Serial Number.  I e-mailed a picture of the Serial Number.  I attempted to call and answer the e-mail from Tech Support today.  No one ever answers the phone or returns calls or e-mails.

I would like to find out when Eventide can register the product so that I can use Bluetooth and purchase effects.  Can anyone advise me on how to proceed? 

I am extremely disappointed in Eventide Support.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We are sorry that you are having trouble. But, as you note, this is a holiday season and we are a small company and are very short staffed at this time of year.

If you will be patient and wait a few days, our support department will get back to you. If you find this intolerable, I would suggest that you discuss it with your vendor.

abadiemet

Thank you for the reply.

The lack of planning and poor customer service on Eventide's part is troubling.  It would be nice if anyone picked up the phone, answered a left message, or returned an e-mail.  It does not give me confidence in your products or your ability to support your products.

I've already waited patiently for five days – thankfully this was not a gift I gave to someone for Christmas.  I would be embarrassed.

Apparently, the previous owner was not aware that the pedal should have been deregistered when sold.  He is not available to deregister the pedal.

I'll continue to wait – what else can I do?

Thank you again for the reply.

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

I apologize for eventide not being more responsive this week. We are working with a skeleton staff this week – one support person. We are also doing some year end updating of servers. The office is also partially shut down for construction adding to the confusion. Of course,none of this is an excuse and you have a right to feel as you do.

Unfortunately deregistering is not a simple process unless the seller takes care of it. In the past we have deregistered a product based on someone calling in or emailing a serial number only to discover that there was a typo resulting in someone else discovering that their product was mistakenly deregistered.

We ask that anyone buying a used Eventide product ask the seller to first deregister it but we understand that that won't always happen. As a result, if the product hasn't been properly dergistered, we now ask the buyer to send us a photo of the serial number or some other method of verifying it. Of course, this causes delays and with a short staff  and server updates the delay is worse this week than usual and for that we apologize. 

abadiemet

Thank you for the reply.

abadiemet

Still not registered.  Speechless.

sevenorchids
      Participant

Give them some time.  They are a small company working with a skeleton staff over a holiday.  There have been only three business days since you purchased your pedal.  I've bought a number of Eventide pedals second hand and have had to go through this before.  It takes a couple of days and, unfortunately, it takes even more over a holiday.

gkellum
      Participant

abadiemet:

Still not registered.  Speechless.

What email address did you send a photo of the serial number to? Could you resend it to support@eventide.com?  The only email I see that was sent to support@eventide.com was your original request to have it de-registered.

abadiemet

I have sent pictures (more than once) of the Serial Number to both:

Jhyman@eventide.com

and

support@eventide.com

I will resend to Support.

Thank you.

abadiemet

I have resent the Serial Number (twice).

gkellum
      Participant

Alright, thanks.  I deregistered that H9.  So, you should be good to go.

abadiemet

Thank you so much!

nharting79

Hi – I didn’t want to start a new thread, but what’s the current turnaround time on support in getting an H9 deregistered?  Thanks!

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        nharting79 wrote:

Hi – I didn't want to start a new thread, but what's the current turnaround time on support in getting an H9 deregistered?  Thanks!

You should contact support@eventide.com. You should hear back in a day or so, depending on how busy they are.

gkellum
        Participant
        nharting79 wrote:

Hi – I didn't want to start a new thread, but what's the current turnaround time on support in getting an H9 deregistered?  Thanks!

Also, please send a photo of the serial number of the H9.  We've had people make a mistake in the serial numbers they've asked us to deregister which lead to the wrong devices being deregistered.  So, now, we require people to send a photo of the serial number of the H9.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.