H9 release timeline?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 release timeline?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

I know there is a wish list but I wanted to start a discussion about the future of the h9 with both the end users and development team In Regard to timelines.

As someone who worked in software development in the past, I'm familiar with the difficulty in testing software, I think most of the regular eventide end users on this forum understand how difficult it is as well.

However their is no "public" goal list from the eventide development team and I find that concerning. I feel the h9 has the potential to be a killer pedal if the future, if the future was made a bit more clear, for example, some kind of rough algorithm release schedule.

In the past year we have only seen 4 (correct me if I'm wrong) released algorithms. I was hoping to see more than that in a year, Instead we have seen 2 different purchase models announced (core and max) whoopee.

Can we get an idea of what is coming to the h9 and approximately when? Is that to much to ask? I'd rather see whats planned, and if the goal isn't met I think all of us on the forum would understand any delays.

I mean there are so many posts asking what's coming to the h9 with vague responses from the development team. For those of us that have invested in this hardware we are not looking for surprise announcements, we would like to have some idea of this products future.
      gkellum
      Participant

Well, there's a few things I can say about this offhand. One, we're redoing our website, and part of the stumbling block to giving people a better idea of what we're doing has been our current site. We've talked about turning the ideas that have come up on the H9 wish list into a poll for example where people could up vote things; that will be possible with the upcoming new site. We've also been relatively open recently about what we've been working on, but there's not been a good place to find that information other than digging through hundreds of forum posts. People have known we've been working on the Looper and when people have asked for individual features and we decided to put them in the Looper release we've told them we were doing so. But again these were all things that came up in response to individual forum posts.

I'll bring up your post at our next meeting, and see what people feel about the idea of talking about what's in the algorithm pipeline. Isn't it kind of nice being surprised though? 😉

KCStratman
      Participant

Thanks for addressing this topic gkellum. I agree that the lack of clear product development issues being placed in webpage on the main site is a problem, There are no clear, detailed policy statements from ET on the present and future of the "cloud" algorithm ownership account scheme for H9 Core and Standard model owners as opposed to Max owners whose units are hard-coded with the Max package for life. Does a Core or Max unit have to be sent in to the factory to be hard-upgraded to Max? Can ET not do this remotely via USB uplink? A program of having all H9 Standard owners who purchase $200 or more of additional algorithms get their unit coded to Max status for life is probably the only fair and satisfactory way to handle this situation.This system of doing all customer support via forum threads as you point out is much too convoluted and leads to confusion among your customers and lack of condfidence in a good product. Clear product development news and policy explanation of the future of the"cloud" algorithm scheme placed on the main website would be a huge help. Thanks to you and the other support providers for handling all the confusing little niggles that plague a cloud based system like this. Surprises like "all H9 Standards are now Maxs", yes. Surprises like "the value of your H9 Standard has now been halved by the Max" like last week, not so much.

ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

Any Progress on this? Maybe a heads up on whats coming before I start buying Drive pedals?

gkellum
      Participant

Any Progress on this? Maybe a heads up on whats coming before I start buying Drive pedals?

I guess you’re talking about the new distortion stuff that was mentioned in another thread? We have a new distortion algorithm in beta, and we’re putting together a teaser video for it that I guess we’ll post as soon as the video is done. There’s not much more to write about it. You just need to hear it…

We are going to add the user polling feature that came up earlier in this thread. It’s not ready yet though. We were still trying to make the new site do everything the old site did up through yesterday, but this summer should see us adding new things we’ve been wanting to do for a while…

ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.