H9 – restoring factory program?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 – restoring factory program?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      eclecticsynergy
      Participant

I accidentally overwrote the Clockworks patch in my H9 Max when I was rearranging programs.

All I could find on restoring programs in the user manual involved dumping or uploading programs via USB.

There must be a way to restore a single program without using external equipment, right?

The unit is on a pedalboard and it’d be pretty inconvenient to remove it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

brock
      Participant

Can you use Bluetooth?

What algorithm was the Clockworks preset?  I already guessed wrong with H910 / H949, Phaser, and Flanger.

I’ve overwritten most every Factory preset in my H9s, but it may be stashed somewhere.  I may be wrong, but I think for a single preset restoration, you’re down to H9 Control and USB MIDI, or Bluetooth.

If someone here has a screenshot, it’d be easy enough to rebuild manually.

eclecticsynergy
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid H9 Control would be the only answer. Don’t know how to use that, but I suppose I could learn.

Have downloaded to my laptop.

Not so sure about Bluetooth; the user guide says it works with iOS devices and my cell is Android, not an iPhone.

I found a program list that says the algorithm is Ultratap.

If somebody has the parameter values I wouldn’t mind entering them manually.

Not sure how to assign an initial algorithm when creating a program from scratch but I could find another Ultratap program and alter it.

brock
      Participant

Found it.  A few ways to go:

• I use H9 Control on Android, so that does work.
      • You can go to More … Import Preset in H9 Control under the Presets tab …
      • … or you can drag ‘n’ drop it to the same spot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nh5v87ke0bf4q4/CLOCKWORKS%20H9.tide?dl=0

If you rather rebuild it, just pick any UltraTap preset you don’t want, and save the changes when you’re done.  It looks like the only expression pedal / ribbon mapping concerned is Length, from Whole Note to 2.5 Bar.

Clockworks (H9)

eclecticsynergy
      Participant

Awesome! I sure appreciate the help and info.

Very good to know I can use Bluetooth and my phone to program the thing,

Would’ve been harder to remove it and bring it home.

Thanks man.

And happy Easter.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.