H9 Saving Presets From Pedal to iPad

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Saving Presets From Pedal to iPad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      leond

I have an H9 and it's connected via bluetooth to my iPad.  There's currently a preset on the H9 that is not on my iPad.  Is there a way I can save that preset to my iPad?

I know I can save the Preset List.  That preset will be included on the list on the iPad.  But, that preset won't be stored in the Preset section under that algorithm.  That's where I'd like the preset to appear.

gkellum
      Participant

If you open the Presets section of H9 Control and then select the preset you want to save directly on your H9, it should load into H9 Control's preset page with an "S" prepended on the preset number.  The "S" means that the preset is on the stompbox.  If you hit save, it will save it to your presets.

leond

What I'm trying to do is the other way around. The preset is already on the H9; it is not in H9 Control. I'd like to copy the preset from the H9 to H9 control.

i am able to copy entire lists (and the presets in the list) off the H9 but they only appear in the Preset List section in H9 Control. The individual preset (that was created on the H9) does not appear in the Preset section. 

gkellum
      Participant

I understand what you're trying to do.  The communication between the H9 and H9 Control works in both directions.  If you change things in H9 Control, it's reflected on the H9, and if you change things on the H9, it's reflected in H9 Control.  So, if you open the Presets screen in H9 Control and then on your H9 you load the preset that you want in H9 Control, that preset will be sent from H9 to H9 Control, and once you see it in H9 Control you will be able to save it.

By the way we have been meaning to add a function to the preset lists screen, that will let you send a preset in a list back to presets, but you are right.  Currently, there is no way to do that.

leond

I see where my issue is.  I was not loading the preset from the H9.  I was taking it from the Preset List (Which is doable but way more obscure than the right way to do it.  From the Preset List, I'd open a preset.  Then I'd double tab the name in the left column; this would allow me to rename it.  When it renamed it, it'd make a copy (save as vs save).  One problem was the numbering was all messed up.).

If I load the preset from the pedal, then I can just rename the preset and it appears with a 'U' next to it.  Simple when you know how to do it.  Embarrassed

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.