Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 – SCULPT

Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      EmilioFo
      Participant
      Hello to all

I have a problem with Sculpt. When I call a preset, both from the algorithm and from the others, it is bypassed and I have to press the Active switch again twice to activate it … do you have any idea why?

Thank you

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      EmilioFo wrote:

Hello to all

I have a problem with Sculpt. When I call a preset, both from the algorithm and from the others, it is bypassed and I have to press the Active switch again twice to activate it … do you have any idea why?

Thank you

A few questions to help us get to the bottom of your issue:  

What version of H9 Control and H9 firmware are you running?

Is this a new issue, did Sculpt behave correctly before?  

Does this occur with Factory presets?  or is it with presets you've made yourself? 

EmilioFo
      Participant
      I have installed the latest firmware 5.4.1 [7]

I have bought Sculpt for a month, and the problem I’ve been experiencing only a few days when I wanted to use it live … with great problems obviously. However, I had already noticed the problem but had not given it weight.

Malfunction also occurs with H9 control and all types of presets.

EmilioFo
      Participant
      I would like to add that the problem also involves the Gate switch.

For example, the Ufo Shred or Butter Churner presets, with the Gate inserted, the sound disappears and to play it, I have to exclude the Gate and press the Active switch again. The sound is not completely dry because the volume is reduced.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Ok, it sounds like you're having a couple of issues, so let's take them one at a time.  

First, are presets loading in the Active state (Active LED on the H9 itself should be lit up red)?  You seemed to imply in your first inquiry that Sculpt presets are loading in the Bypass state (Active LED is not lit).  

Second, in order for the gate to work well you might need to adjust your input level.  You can check your input level in H9 Control, click on the "Pedal" button at the bottom of H9 Control, then select "Input Gain and Level Meters."  Now play your instrument to see how much input level you have.  Ideally you'll want your input level at the loudest point to be greater than or equal to the middle point of the meter (about -20 dB).  If your input is significantly less, just increase the "Input Gain" slider until your input level is at the -20 dB point or higher when you're playing your loudest.  

EmilioFo
      Participant
      Activating the presets the LED is red (active). To run Sculpt I have to bypass and reactivate.

The input level is set to the maximum (18dB).

Other algorithms do not have this problem.

Thanks

EmilioFo
      Participant

Now nothing works except the Mix control … I honestly think it’s a software issue. Can I uninstall Sculp and reinstall it?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

1. 18 dB input level seems like a big boost. Again, I'm asking what is your top level on the meters in H9 Control without any input gain applied?  Also, what type of guitar/instrument are you using? 

2. What exactly do you mean nothing works now? Did you change anything in your setup? The only way I can help is if you're specific and detailed in your response.  A step by step guide that either reproduces or demonstrates the problem(s) would be most useful.  Or better yet, a video of what you're experiencing. 

3. How are you connected to the pedal, mono in mono out, mono in stereo out, stereo in stereo out? If mono in mono out, make sure you are plugged in correctly to the Input 1 AND Output 1.  

EmilioFo
      Participant
      From the beginning I connected H9 with input 2 and output 2 … Now connected to input 1 and output 1 everything works !! Probably there is something I have not yet learned about H9 🙂

The output level with Gain = 0db is about 25dB with a telecaster.

Thank you guys!!

wedelich
        Eventide Staff
        EmilioFo wrote:

From the beginning I connected H9 with input 2 and output 2 … Now connected to input 1 and output 1 everything works !! Probably there is something I have not yet learned about H9 🙂

The output level with Gain = 0db is about 25dB with a telecaster.

Thank you guys!!

Excellent! Glad we got it figured out.  

Yeah, as a rule of thumb, always use Input 1 / Output 1 for Normal routing mode when you're only going mono in / mono out.  

Cheers!

Russ 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.