H9 Shimmer Patch behaviour

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Shimmer Patch behaviour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      serge20261
      Participant

I have dialled in a shimmer patch,which I call up with an RJM Switcher,it makes such a loud sound, like feedback on steroids,at the moment all other patches are fine.
      I’ve checked the patch can’t see why,one moment it was working fine,I’d go to another patch and back to the shimmer,it honestly felt like the speaker was going to disintegrate its that loud,even with low amp volume.Im running the latest firmware.lm gigging this week,and a bit worried that this behaviour may spread to other presets.
      Any suggestions

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      serge20261 wrote:
      I have dialled in a shimmer patch,which I call up with an RJM Switcher,it makes such a loud sound, like feedback on steroids,at the moment all other patches are fine. I've checked the patch can't see why,one moment it was working fine,I'd go to another patch and back to the shimmer,it honestly felt like the speaker was going to disintegrate its that loud,even with low amp volume.Im running the latest firmware.lm gigging this week,and a bit worried that this behaviour may spread to other presets. Any suggestions

When, EXACTLY, does this loud sound occur, all the time, only when you load it, etc?  Is it reproducible or intermittent?  Are you using any of the new routing features, pre/post or wet/dry?  Also, does it matter what type of preset you are coming from (e.g. TremoloVerb to Shimmer creates the loud noise, but Chorus to Shimmer doesn't)? 

You might want to back up presets, and initialize the unit as first resort to see if that clears up the problem. 

serge20261
        Participant

When, EXACTLY, does this loud sound occur, all the time, only when you load it, etc?  Is it reproducible or intermittent?  Are you using any of the new routing features, pre/post or wet/dry?  Also, does it matter what type of preset you are coming from (e.g. TremoloVerb to Shimmer creates the loud noise, but Chorus to Shimmer doesn't)? 

You might want to back up presets, and initialize the unit as first resort to see if that clears up the problem. 

[/quote]

The sound only occurs when loaded,I’ll have a closer look regarding what effect I’m coming from,but I do have 2 or 3 shimmers in various settings
        Which behave the same.Having said all of that you may be on to something,most of my Shimmers are used for Intros,I’m using a setlist,when I bank to the next song,the shimmer is the first preset of the song,can’t recall any problem,when I’m banking thru the presets is where I’m having problems unfortunately the unit is at the studio atm,if any help the effects I use are Spring reverb,delays,some plate reverb all moderate settings
        Nothing erratic,my routing is all set to normal

Thanks

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

At some point are you able to send us the following?: 

1. A preset list dump (email the list with H9 Control)

2. Detailed (step by step) instructions on how to reliably reproduce the problem.

This would be the most helpful.  Next helpful would just be a description of the presets and step by step instructions.  

Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.