H9 Software 5.8.5.1 Problem with Logging In

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Software 5.8.5.1 Problem with Logging In

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      camaro

After loading the latest H9 software, 5.8.5.1, Eventide server would not log me in. using my computer, I reset my password, but am still unable to enter my password. The application (running on android) will not allowme to type any letters, only numbers.

I upgraded to try out the new algorithm, now am out of commission.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      camaro wrote:

After loading the latest H9 software, 5.8.5.1, Eventide server would not log me in. using my computer, I reset my password, but am still unable to enter my password. The application (running on android) will not allowme to type any letters, only numbers.

I upgraded to try out the new algorithm, now am out of commission.

There is a workaround for poping up the entire keyboard. Could you please try rotating your screen to the landscape mode when you see that number pad, messing around the orientation and see if that fixes this.

camaro

I’m able to view the entire keyboard. The problem is that your software, running on my android samsung galazy note 8, will not accept letters, will only accept numbers.

brock
      Participant

Hate to say it, but I’m having a very similar issue.  Updated H9 Control & H9s.  Same Galaxy8 phone.  Latest version (as if there was a choice beyond 2 postponements).  Except I’m experiencing ‘numbers-no-letters’ in saved names / renaming dialog(ue)s.  Full keyboard is available.  But it will only ‘print’ numbers.

Alphabet letters all become essentially backspaces.  Landscape mode is not an option, as the save / rename popup disappears.  And I mean disappears … gone when returning back to portrait orientation.

brock
      Participant

Stranger & stranger.  Yes.  Same keyboard.  I also have a Galaxy Note9 for work.  Let me see what happens if I ‘repurpose’ it for H9 Control.  All I can think of is that my personal Galaxy Note8 went through a recent ‘security update’.  One of those endless, weekly patches.

brock
      Participant

It turns out to be phone-specific (?)  Galaxy Note8 problems, but not Galaxy Note9?  I even went to the extent of deleting & reinstalling the H9 Control app on the Note8, with the same non-alphabet results.  [And speaking of Notes … To Self:  In a rush … dumb*** move, and I know better … Always Back Up Your Presets!].

Spheriot

I just got my new H9s today and wanted to login via control app in iOS, after resetting my password, but the app always says the user/password combination is wrong, while with exact same password I cn log in on the webpage! I DEFINITELY entered the password correctly, but couldn‘t log in neither with the random password after resetting, nor with a new password I created then on the web page!

Please help!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Email support@eventide.com. They can sort this out for you.

ladybassmusic
      Participant

I bought a second tablet to control my effects with; a Firehawk FX, a Mod Dwarf and the Eventide H9. The new tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A8) was also having the same keyboard issue in the Eventide app.  I paired a Bluetooth keyboard to my tablet and was able to enter my login credentials just fine. It’s not ideal, but it’s a decent workaround until they get this glitch solved.

Hope this helps someone.

Brittany

http://www.ladybassmusic.net

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      camaro wrote:

I'm able to view the entire keyboard. The problem is that your software, running on my android samsung galazy note 8, will not accept letters, will only accept numbers.

Did you try the workaround I told you? When you type there and see the number pad, try rotating your phone to the landscape view. (You need to turn on the orientation change)

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      brock wrote:

Hate to say it, but I'm having a very similar issue.  Updated H9 Control & H9s.  Same Galaxy8 phone.  Latest version (as if there was a choice beyond 2 postponements).  Except I'm experiencing 'numbers-no-letters' in saved names / renaming dialog(ue)s.  Full keyboard is available.  But it will only 'print' numbers.

Alphabet letters all become essentially backspaces.  Landscape mode is not an option, as the save / rename popup disappears.  And I mean disappears … gone when returning back to portrait orientation.

In the landscape orientaion, when you click "Save"->"Save to Phone" or "More"->"Rename Preset", and try typing there, what keyboard will you see?

brock
      Participant
      bohan wrote:
      In the landscape orientaion, when you click “Save”->”Save to Phone” or “More”->”Rename Preset”, and try typing there, what keyboard will you see?

Apologies for not being very clear.  If I pinch in landscape mode, I do get those tabs, and subsequently the default (Samsung) keyboard after selecting.  The problem lies in actually being able to enter alphabet letters.  Only numbers will successfully show up in the popup slot.

Strange development last night.  Please bear with me here on the correct terminology.  If, for example, I entered the letter “G”, then nothing would type in.  However, if in the “suggested word completion” choices (for example, “GOOD”, or “GREEN”), selecting one of those would enter the letter “G”, followed by a space,

For now, I’m using all numbers as placeholders for my presets.  Unfortunately, I can’t swipe screenshots in an Android with an open dialog.  But let me try taking some pix of the phone with another Android phone.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      brock wrote:

Apologies for not being very clear.  If I pinch in landscape mode, I do get those tabs, and subsequently the default (Samsung) keyboard after selecting.  The problem lies in actually being able to enter alphabet letters.  Only numbers will successfully show up in the popup slot.

Strange development last night.  Please bear with me here on the correct terminology.  If, for example, I entered the letter "G", then nothing would type in.  However, if in the "suggested word completion" choices (for example, "GOOD", or "GREEN"), selecting one of those would enter the letter "G", followed by a space,

For now, I'm using all numbers as placeholders for my presets.  Unfortunately, I can't swipe screenshots in an Android with an open dialog.  But let me try taking some pix of the phone with another Android phone.

This is weird, cause I have a galaxy s8 here and it works fine. I can type all letters. Please see my screenshots. Do you use/see the same keyboard on your phone?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      brock wrote:

It turns out to be phone-specific (?)  Galaxy Note8 problems, but not Galaxy Note9?  I even went to the extent of deleting & reinstalling the H9 Control app on the Note8, with the same non-alphabet results.  [And speaking of Notes … To Self:  In a rush … dumb*** move, and I know better … Always Back Up Your Presets!].

Sorry to hear that…

My experience with my Galaxy S8 is just messing around the keyboard setting and the orientation…Many Android issues I get from uesrs are phone-specific…

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      brock wrote:

Hi Brock, I think I kind of know what's going on. Could you try following this and see if you can get the keyboard to work?

Go to Settings -> General management -> Language and Input, now select "Samsung Keyboard" as the Default Keyboard.

Then go to On-screen Keyboard -> Samsung Keyboard -> Smart typing and TURN OFF "Predictive text" there.

Now try typing in H9 Control again.

brock
      Participant
      bohan wrote:
      Could you try following this and see if you can get the keyboard to work?

Go to Settings -> General management -> Language and Input, now select “Samsung Keyboard” as the Default Keyboard.

Then go to On-screen Keyboard -> Samsung Keyboard -> Smart typing and TURN OFF “Predictive text” there.

Now try typing in H9 Control again.

I was able to try this briefly last week.  Unfortunately, it didn’t work on the Galaxy Note8.  I tried every iteration of the Samsung Keyboard & Smart Typing options.  And it made no difference either way on the Galaxy Note9.

But ...

I (very briefly) winged it early this morning, and it seemed to be isolated to ser presets.  Maybe genetically related to a “Patient Zero” corrupted template preset?  I was focusing on Tricerachorus presets.  Let me try a few more A/B/C/D options, and report back.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.