H9 stopped receiving MIDI signals through DIN5.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 stopped receiving MIDI signals through DIN5.

Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cljfford
      Participant

My FX-Loop H9 has stopped responding to MIDI signals. 

Am I missing something? What can I do to wake up it’s DIN5 ears?

The MIDI signal  is from a Keith MacMillan Softstep2 to a SoftStep Expander, into the preamp H9. The settings are below. I swapped out the MIDI cable between the H9s with no success and went from the Expander directly to the FX-Loop H9 “in”, but still got no result with the FX-Loop H9. Pre-Amp H9 receives the DIN5 signal normally. The FX-Loop H9 responds fine via bluetooth but not via DIN5. 

My settings used to work. I confirmed that the SoftStep was sending signals to Channels 1 and 2. 

Preamp H9 MIDI Settings

• Receive Channel= 1
      • MIDI Output Mode= Thru + MIDI Clock

FX-Loop H9 MIDI Settings

• Receive Channel= 2
      • MIDI Output Mode= Transmit

Thank you.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the H9 – it can only use ONE of USB or DIN, and if the USB is connected it will not read DIN.

camn
      Participant

something I think it is worth doing troubleshooting MIDI problems- Hook up your SoftStep to a computer, and look with MIDIOx or something to see what signals/channels are being transmitted. For confirmation.

So many times it is the sending device that got changed or something. But you don’t have to speculate.. you can know.

cljfford
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the H9 – it can only use ONE of USB or DIN, and if the USB is connected it will not read DIN.

Thanks, nickrose, for that advice, but no USB is connected.

Regular power cycling has not solved the issue. Would a factory reset be worth a try?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      cljfford wrote:

Regular power cycling has not solved the issue. Would a factory reset be worth a try?

It's always worth a try, but can be annoying as you have to redo all your settings.

cljfford
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

cljfford wrote:

It’s always worth a try, but can be annoying as you have to redo all your settings.

The factory reset got it working, again, I am happy to report! 

cljfford
      Participant
      camn wrote:

something I think it is worth doing troubleshooting MIDI problems- Hook up your SoftStep to a computer, and look with MIDIOx or something to see what signals/channels are being transmitted. For confirmation.

So many times it is the sending device that got changed or something. But you don’t have to speculate.. you can know.

Thanks for this contribution. I checked out http://www.midiox.com but I’m on Mac OSX, so it’s not a fit, but maybe there’s something like it? I wound up trying a factory reset and that worked, so I’ll save the troubleshooting for when there’s trouble. wink

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.