Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 strange behaviour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Zsolt57
      Participant

Hi everyone

I think I miss something ….

I am trying to connect an instrument (bass guitar) and a microphone (sm58) to Input 1 & 2.

When I plug in either one, everything is fine – but as soon as I plug in the second jack, only the effects work. When I switch to bypass, both mic and bass are muted.

??

Every suggestion will greatly be appreciaterd.

Thanks 

Zsolt

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not quite sure what is happening, in particular don't know what yoyu mean by "only the effects work".

That aside, I'll make a number of observations:

1) Most H9 effects are mono/stereo, meaning they expect a single mono instrument or a single stereo instrument. Using two different instruments may be interesting, but probably not useful.

2) A dynamic microphone like SM58 has a very low impedance, so if it ends up in parallel with the bass it will short it out, and you may get almost nothing.

3) A dynamic microphone like SM58 has a very low output level, so unless you run it through a preamp first, it will be inaudible, or drowned in noise or both.

So, for all the above reasons, I would suggest you rethink.

Zsolt57
      Participant

Thanks Nick

I understand what you say.

The purpose is, to route two different instruments to a looper – alternating use of course.

SM58 has low output level, yes, although it is not inaudible. But I’d need a preamp indeed.

“single mono or single stereo instrument” – I stumbled over that. Thinking of a two channel device on a hot sunday afternoon … and yes, I’ll have to rethink.

Zsolt

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.