H9 switch noise

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 switch noise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dmessick
      Participant

Has anyone experienced a similar issue as what I am experiencing in the video linked below. I’m getting noise when I use the switches on the H9. If I change patches remotely using a midi controller, I do not get any noise.

http://youtu.be/xMdwUEyesSw

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Two questions:

Are you using the supplied power supply ?

Does it happen with nothing plugged into the inputs ?

dmessick
      Participant

Hey Nick, thanks for reaching out to me on this. To answer your questions:

I swiched over to the Eventide power supply and I still got the noises from both foot switches. Originally I was using a Cioks DC10 power supply.

With the inputs unplugged, I did NOT get any of the pops or other noises. Could it have something to do with my input signal. It seems strange that it would happen when I press the switches on the H9 but not happen when I change presets using a MIDI controller.

Other things I’ve tried include restoring factory presets and updating the software to the newest release (Spact Time version).

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm afraid I have no ideas. It might be your input signal – try plugging a guitar in directly if you do not already do so.

Do you get the clicks on both outputs ? Does it make a difference if you plug an unconnected lead into the input(s) ?

Also not clear why MIDI is different.

You could certainly send it in for us to look at (support@eventide.com), but I fear we may find nothing, meaning it may be something mysterious in your setup.

dmessick
      Participant

For hopefully closure on this, and in case anyone else is having the same issue. In my signal chain, I had the H9 directly after a BBE Sonic Stomp. I removed the Sonic Stomp from the signal chain and haven’t had an issue with the noise since. I’m not sure why this would have been causing the issue.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.