H9 sysex system load procedure

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 sysex system load procedure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      brobins

Hi- I am doing a fair bit of midi mapping for different projects and I am able to save the system/preset /all, midi settings using Midi-Ox. How do I load them back in using Midi-Ox, particularly the midi receive and transmit maps? I used  DUMP via USB to save to my Win Xp PC and can see the syx files there but cant figure out how to LOAD as I cannot see a LOAD command in the H9 system mode so that Midi Ox can send to the H9. 

(yes ,if I use H9 Control then I can load presets/lists  but not  the midi(system) files).Thanks for your help.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I don't think that you are actually saving the MIDI maps – as far as I can see it does not send these. Probably should, but …

That aside, if you just send the saved dumps back to the H9, it should recognize and load them – it does not need a command.

Note that there is a risk in sending these dumps back to the unit – if they get corrupted in any way, the H9 may not be able to load them and may get confused, meaning that you will have to restore it to factory settings to resume operation.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You have identified a hole in our backup methods – you can't back up MIDImaps. This is probably because we did all the MIDI dumps before we introduced MIDI maps.

But, it is a hole. We'll fix it in the next release (date unknown at present).

brobins

Thanks. That would rock. It would certainly save me alot of work if I didnt have to do this manually for each of the bands  I play with. I often have a gig or rehearsal the next day with different material and therefore different midi maps. Its really puts a rush on time and can stress me out a bit since it can take up to 30 minutes or more to do it manually.  I use both the receive and transmit mapping so having a simple way to backup all in one along with my preset lists would be way easier.(preferably with h9 control)

KenW

I have just been trying to figure out how to save/recall the MIDI maps for my SPACE pedal – so it would be great if the midi map save/recall feature was added to H9 Control for all the Eventide pedals

Cheers !!

brobins

As follow up to that would it be possible to save all midi maps and preset lists via iphone using bluetooth? That way if I am going from one gig to another I dont need a laptop or pc.

brobins

A status update on this feature would be appreciated. Using H9 control to save all midi maps along with presets(saveall) would be a godsend.

brobins

So no reply? Originally you posted that this would be part of the next patch. Was that not accurate? Do I sell my h9 then?.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.