H9 transmitting midi clock with presets question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 transmitting midi clock with presets question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      sugabear2133
      Participant

Hello everyone, 

I have an h9. I love it and I have been experimenting with more of its midi functions. I am normally playing with a band that runs midi clock to my rig and syncs everything up. I love midi clock and the h9 fit right into the rig perfectly in that regard. 

i have been playing with another band who does not use midi click at the moment. I know the h9 can generate midi clock. I wired it up to do so and was able to get it talking with my other pedals whenever I tap in a tempo. What I could not get it to do was go ahead and change tempos or send clock just by changing a preset with a saved tempo. Each time I had to tap the tempo in manually which defeats the purpose of a saved tempo. Global tempo was off and it did not matter. 

I know midi needs a "start" sequence to fire the midi clock but can the h9 not start the sequence when a new preset is selected?? 

If it can it would be amazing. I could pre-program my set into presets with their respected bpm and always be on time (just not synced to the downbeat obviously)

Any by help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

sugabear2133
      Participant

Possibly because I left Tempo Mode on?? I bet that's it. 

sugabear2133
      Participant

I cannot get this to work.  The tempo of my other pedals will not sync with the master clock PRESET of the h9 unless I manually tap in a tempo…which defeats the purpose of a saved tempo on a preset.

What am I doing wrong? Global tempo is off.  XMt is on. Midi Clock Output is on.

Any suggestions?

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Hi Sugabear2133,

I work for Eventide and helped out with the H9.  It seems I can't get a loaded preset to change the MIDI clock tempo as well.  It's possibly a bug or just not implemented at the moment.

We'll get back to you soon with a more concrete answer.

Thanks for pointing this out,

Pete

alexworkman
      Participant

I am having the same issues with my TimeFactor. I sent Eventide some videos of this about 2 years ago. I totally agree with you that this is something that would be super resourceful. If you have figured out a fix please let me know. Below are some videos of me explaining the issue.

https://vimeo.com/32542838
      https://vimeo.com/32543006

ryan.veitch
      Participant

This is very much an issue for me as well.  I've had to leave my H9 at home for recent gigs because of it, needed the extra board space to run an external controller instead when I thought the H9 should be able to handle this.  Very much hope this is solved soon.

nvmx

Hi Pete

Another one with the same issue.

I'm using the H9 in my keyboard rick and a stable HW clock, changeable with Midi Program Changes, would be an awesome feature.

If I remember right (don't have the H9 by my side at the moment), a tempo off/on toggle already starts the clock so you don't have to tap and change the speed to start the clock.

best regards

ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

I've run into the same issue, as far as I'm concerned this is a big flaw in midi implementation. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This bug was reported as fixed some time ago – are you using the latest software (4.8.0) ?

ROBLEISHMAN
      Participant

I just updated my pitchfactor and h9 last night, I have a break in touring so I'm redoing my board. I'll test tonight. It's great to hear that this has been fixed!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you find out that it has been unfixed, rest assured that it will be fixed (again).

acsewalk

Same problem with my Timefactor, and I've been told that it will be fixed with the H9 control update  (whenever that is supposed to be…).  Getting pretty frustrating though.

Garfield

3 years after the first post this problem is still there! =(

This problem is a really huge one and even let me think about selling my H9..

Can anybody join in and help please?

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As stated above, we believe this problem was fixed long ago in V4.8.0.

If you still see it, please say what version of (stompbox) software you are using.

Garfield
        nickrose wrote:

As stated above, we believe this problem was fixed long ago in V4.8.0.

If you still see it, please say what version of (stompbox) software you are using.

Thank you for your fast answer. You are right, now it works! =)

It was my fault, because I didn´t save the Preset at the H9 itself.  I just tapped in a new tempo and then stored the preset with my Disaster Area Controller. When I recalled the preset the tempo was false. So I experimented a little bit and discovered finally that I have to of course at first save the preset to the H9.

Now it works! 🙂

All the best,

Garfield

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.