H9 Tuner and Expression Pedal Questions

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Tuner and Expression Pedal Questions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim Zurowski
      Participant

I have the H9 Max and still love the pedal.  Two questions I have with it:

1)  When I engage the tuner, some of the presets mute the signal while others do not.  How do I make it mute the signal for ALL presets?  Can this be done globally, or do I have to set it for each preset?

2)  I use an expression pedal for the WAH, but don’t like it on for most other presets.  Is there a way to turn it off for all but the one preset?

Thanks Tim

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

In H9 Control, you can go to Pedal Settings > Tuner and select Mute/Thru in the bottom right corner. This setting should be applied to all presets.

The expression pedal will control the HotKnob/Ribbon Controller. If you like to load a preset and have the HotKnob/Ribbon Controller not change any presets, you can unmap the parameters that are being controller by the HotKnob/Ribbon Controller. In H9 Control, control-click the dot at the end of the light ring around the mapped parameter to unmap it.

Tim Zurowski
      Participant

Thanks very much for the response tbskoglund, but unfortunately it does not work for me.  The tuner was already set to “mute” and only works for some presets.  I am using 18 presets live in the band and it only mutes the signal for the first 8 presets. For the rest the signal still comes through in the right channel when I engage the tuner.  It is worth noting that I always play in stereo with two amps. It never did this when I first got the H9, but for some unknown reason it no longer completely mutes in ALL presets.

With the expression pedal question, I do not understand what you are saying.  I do not see a “control” selection in the software and no idea where I can find this “control – click” on a “dot”  at the end of the light ring.  Basically I want the H9 to react for most presets as if there is no expression pedal plugged in.  It is a pain to have to adjust the expression pedal for presets when you are playing live and just switched to specific preset, and depending upon where the pedal was left sitting might not be what you want.  I want to disable the expression pedal for specific selected presets.

Thanks Tim

Tim Zurowski
      Participant

I finally figured out the tuner issue.  Since I always play in stereo, each preset needs to be set to stereo to mute both left and right channels.  The presets that were not muting the signal were all set to Wet1/Dry2.  As soon as I changed them all to stereo, the signal was fully muted.  Is there no way to globally change all presets to stereo?

Still need to figure out the expression pedal issue.

Cheers – Tim

Tim Zurowski
      Participant

Hopefully this will help someone else with the same question.  Not sure if there was any other way to resolve the expression pedal issue I had, but I was able to resolve it by individually going into each preset and removing all functions related to the expression pedal. It was an onerous and time consuming task, but I now have each preset working the way I need it to with regards to using an expression pedal.  Hopefully the H90 has an easier way to edit and assign the expression pedal.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.