H9 tuner via G3 atom

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 tuner via G3 atom

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      andysalt
      Participant

Hi guys, I’ve got an h9 midi question I could do with some help with.

I’ve setup a tuner setting via my G3 atom midi on footswitch 1 in a hidden preset (press the footswitch a second time to toggle between standard and hidden).

When I enter the hidden preset (no.9) first time round, the tuner selects on the H9 via a midi PC change. If I then press the atom footswitch twice (switch away from the tuner to preset 1 then back to preset 9, my tuner), the h9 then engages in a delay mode (my first saved preset on the h9).

I cant seem to work out why. There are no other midi signals going out as far as I can see on the menu.

Any ideas? The setting I have on preset 1 is straight through to my amp (no FX).

Thanks ✌️

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      andysalt wrote:
      When I enter the hidden preset (no.9) first time round, the tuner selects on the H9 via a midi PC change.

Are you sure you don’t mean MIDI CC change? There is no tuner preset on the H9. It has to be engaged sending a MIDI CC# and you can actually customize which CC# to use. Maybe there is a conflicting CC number being used that is causing the problem.

andysalt wrote:
      If I then press the atom footswitch twice (switch away from the tuner to preset 1…

What PC # is Preset 1 on the G3 sending?

andysalt wrote:
      …then back to preset 9, my tuner),

What commands do you have programmed on the G3’s Preset 9? Again, this should only be sending a CC#. Check if the toggle behavior itself doesn’t have programmable latching behavior, meaning it’s in a different instance with every toggle; some controllers offer this functionality.

andysalt wrote:
      the h9 then engages in a delay mode (my first saved preset on the h9).

By this statement, the G3 is sending a PC to the H9. Make sure there is no other command being sent.

This would be a good time to use the G3 App to make sure your not missing something.

andysalt
      Participant

Thanks, I’ve managed to get it to work via cc as well now, rather than PC.

The thing I don’t seem to be able to do, I think because it’s a ‘toggle’ option is ensure I’m able to only select the tuner on the hidden preset. Depending on which state the H9 is in when I then select the hidden preset means that it will always only ‘toggle’ (Tuner on/off). The limitation here being what state the H9 is in when I drop in to preset 1, then 9 in order to access the tuner.

It would be ace if it was possible to assign the tuner to a preset – but I think this has been asked before and advised it isn’t possible? . 

thanks, 

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

So, you are not able to program toggle behavior on a per G3 preset basis?

Are you still running into the problem with it switching to preset one of the H9?

andysalt
      Participant

Joecozzi, thank you!! This is the crux of my problem – I read through perhaps some older threads and have set up the Atom to send PC #123. I think this then scrolls through states on the H9. I now note that PC #123 Toggles the tuner on and off, which I thought was the setting needed. I assume I need to use CC “Toggle Tuner” in the H9 controller?

I have no other midi programmes going on within these presets.

The G3 app should be released shortly, but isn’t yet available. 

I’ll have a mess with it now. Thanks, 

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      andysalt wrote:
      I assume I need to use CC "Toggle Tuner" in the H9 controller?

Yes, use H9 Control to make the CC assignment. Under the "Pedal" tab, "MIDI Settings", "Assign MIDI CC messages to pedal functions", "Toggle Tuner"…there you can assign any CC number you want. Try using this CC instead of sending a PC change for toggling the tuner and see if it solves the problem.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.