H9: Use both buttons to load individual presets per button.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9: Use both buttons to load individual presets per button.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      davelake
      Participant

This is probably not possible currently but it would be a great option for a future update!

I would like to use the left button to load one preset, and the right button to load another.

Scenario: Left button has a long delay. Right button short delay. Turning one on would turn the other off if it was also on. Much like a Line 6 DL4. Then you could use a tap tempo button into the expression input so you wouldn’t lose that functionality!

I feel like this would vastly open up a new world for the pedal. You would always have 2 presets waiting for you on the pedal. These presets could live on pages or snapshots that you could load per song. 

Anyway, this may have already brought up but it just accured to me that this may be possible.

Thoughts anyone?

llemtt
      Participant

++1

I’m truly missing the two buttons (left/middle) of my TimeFactor!!!

This function via external footswitches would also be truly welcomed.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      davelake wrote:

This is probably not possible currently but it would be a great option for a future update!

I would like to use the left button to load one preset, and the right button to load another.

Scenario: Left button has a long delay. Right button short delay. Turning one on would turn the other off if it was also on. Much like a Line 6 DL4. Then you could use a tap tempo button into the expression input so you wouldn't lose that functionality!

I feel like this would vastly open up a new world for the pedal. You would always have 2 presets waiting for you on the pedal. These presets could live on pages or snapshots that you could load per song. 

Anyway, this may have already brought up but it just accured to me that this may be possible.

Thoughts anyone?

You may want one of this: https://store.eventideaudio.com/collections/accessories/products/ox-9

Then you can use the 2 aux switches to increment/decrement presets.

davelake
      Participant

The ox9 would help me move around the H9’s presets, but I’m talking about having both buttons on the H9 be preset buttons that you can assign. Left button is one effect, Right button is another.

camn
      Participant

It seems like there was once a good explanation why we cant remap the hardware buttons, but in H9 control, an option for assigning the AUX SWITCH buttons to calling a particular preset…. …….

That actually sounds like it would be pretty easy, no?

And having a ‘Favorite preset’ function would actually be CRAZY AWESOME and solve a problem I have been trying to solve for a while. It would call a specified preset on first press.. and go BACK to the previous preset on second press! That would open the door for expression pedal emulation of a wah, of the Digi Whammy, etc, etc, etc. You guys should do this, though the memory for the ‘previous preset’ might not exisit 🙁

To the original poster.. you CAN use the AUX switches to change ~paramteters~ within a certain algo. though not to change presets.

So if you wanted to go from a long delay setting to a short delay setting WITHOUT loading a new algo, this is do-able many different ways. I think that is the best phase-transistion anyway… because there is no gap while the algo reloads.

Options

Best Way (when supported by the Algo) – use the hotswitch function. 

–this is awesomest, because a single switch can toggle parameters differently on every algo. You arent limited to 2 buttons/2patchs.. but rather 1-button/Infinite toggle options

Second Best – Expression pedal

–Also very awesome for reasons above.. PLUS smooth transitions between the two states.

Third best- Direct Assignmen of parameters using the ‘Aux Switch Papping” function

–less awesome because the button is limited to a very specific function, not necessarily translatable across algos. 

davelake
      Participant

Thanks for the info guys! I’ll look into that hotswitch idea! Having the two buttons on the H9 used for dual presets still would be an amazing addition to a future update!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.