H9 using harmonies

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 using harmonies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      pzaz

Is there anyone actually using any of the harmony algos on their H9? Would be good to hear from you. I want to start using some but finding it difficult to control changes and gettng it right. Looking around on you tube there’s plenty of demos of all but using it as a guitar harmony generator.

brock
      Participant

What do you mean by “… difficult to control changes …”?  I’d like to help out here, but I’m not exactly sure what you’re after.  I use the Diatonic and QuadraVox algorithms quite a bit, as well as the other ‘static’ pitch shifters.

In fact, I can’t seem to let go of my PitchFactor; sharing the same ‘board as two H9’s.  I cover simple harmony changes with an aux switch or expression pedal.  For more complex or sequential harmony changes, it’s foot-switching over MIDI, or an EHX 8 Step Program / sequencer.

pzaz

Hi thanks for replying. I’m not sure how I would go about changing key of the harmony as when the song parts changes as sometimes the harmony doesn’t sound correct in parts of the tune. I’m probably not explaining it very well. I’m sure the h9 is capable it’s just me lacking in experience with it.

Bodde
      Participant

You have to use the Diatonic shifter if you want an intelligent harmonizer. Then the pitch shifter follows the pitches in the selected scale. But it doesn’t do key changes. No harmonizer does that. You have to programm a different preset to accomplish that.

pzaz

Thanks for the replies I will give it a go and report back.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.