H9 volume decrease using MIDI boss ms3

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 volume decrease using MIDI boss ms3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      soulrev
      Participant

Hi, 

Using the MS3 to control the H9 through MIDI results in a massive volume decrese with PC commands. It sets the H9 at this voulme even after disconnecting the MIDI cables. To reset it back to normal volume I need to turn it off and on again.

Ideally I could have another MS3 and see if I can isolate to either of the devices, but until then, does anybody have any idea what the problem may be?

Cheers,

David

camn
      Participant

I would hook the MS3 up to a computer.. and use MIDI OX to confirm it isnt sending some other signal along with a PC. 

This is usually what it is with these kinds of things. 

Yarns

Hey soulrev!

I am controlling the H9 via MIDI with a Line 6 HX effects, and I have the same problem from time to time. Volume drop, unless I reboot the pedal.

When that happened first, I tried isolating the pedal (Guitar in, Amp Out0, no Midi cable plugged in, and the volume drop was still there until I rebooted it.

Did you ever figured it out?

Any answer would be greatly appreciated 🙂

camn
      Participant

Did you do what I mentioned?

It’s, like, the most basic first step in solving this problem.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Mr Camn is, as always, correct. It is probably sending some kind of bank select as well as the PC. If you can defeat this (see UM), it might be a good thing.

camn
      Participant

Do you think he figured it out?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.