H9 Volume global pedal persistent state

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Volume global pedal persistent state

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Alancarl
      Participant

Hi,
      I have been using an H9 as a preset level changing device with loudness EQ compensation and some compression. Currently I have three EQ/Compressor algorithm presets with three level areas: Low,Med and High. This config shows great promise in my live gigging applications but there are two issues with the way the H9 is currently handling the preset changes. I am also using the expression pedal to control the input volume globally for level adjustment within my three ingeniously name presets:-)
      1. When switching between any EQ/Compressor presets there is a volume swell that is obtrusive if I am sustaining any notes
      2. The expression pedal controlling the input volume globally resets the volume to maximum on each preset change…

Across my 3 presets I have 20db so unless I move the pedal after the preset change to a mid sweep the ‘you’re too loud’ vibe descends!
      My H9 has the current firmware 5.2.0c1 and the H9 control app is also up to date.

I hope that the terrific volume pedal function of the expression pedal globally controlling either input or output could be made to Not Change and go up to maximum on the preset changes.
      As it is currently it’s too easy to get a really loud splotch of my guitar playing to be useful in any symphony orchestra or theatre pit gigs:-0

But I still love the fact that Eventide has graciously included this customer driven feature request in their stompbox platform!
      Nothing sounds like an Eventide!
      Thanks,
      Al

Alancarl
      Participant

Hi everybody,
      For program changes I also should add that I am using a UMI3 USB class compliant MIDI pedal hosted by a first generation Iconnectmidi device and or a Livid Gwing wireless MIDI device. With a more complex MIDI controller I might be able to stay in one preset in the H9 and send multiple CC commands with variable values to get the H9 parameters going to where u want them to go….
      I am trying to stay reasonably simple here as this quest is for basically a glorified volume pedal… But hey I challeng any electric guitar player to speak up if he or she has NEVER heard the phrase,”you’re too loud”
      Thanks,
      Al

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.