H9 w/ exp pdl – when switching Presets ExPdl values are maxed out

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 w/ exp pdl – when switching Presets ExPdl values are maxed out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      tingram67

I have an H9 i have a line 6 expression pedal connected using a TRS cable.

I want to be able to control delay feedback and mix live in real time using an expression pedal.

So I set the min and max values for the preset and verified that the expression pedal can move them back and forth in sync with heel (minimum paramter value)  and toe (maximum paramter value) positions.

The problem

When I switch presets using my MIDI controller (Muscomlab EFXIII) the preset switches just fine, but the parameters I want to control with the expression pedal end up being maxed out the second I land on the preset.

For example on my preset the MIX level is MIN 13 and  MAX 30. It works fine with the expression pedal while I’m on that preset and dialing it in.

BUT 

When I switch back to that preset later, the MIX level is maxed out at 30 even though the expression pedal is in the heel position.

Any suggestions on how to get ALL presets to start out in the MIN value posiiton are greatly appreciated.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm going to guess that the MAXed values are saved in the preset. When you load a preset it will ignore the pedal setting until the pedal is changed. So, you should save the preset with the values that you want it to load with.

tingram67
        nickrose wrote:

I’m going to guess that the MAXed values are saved in the preset. When you load a preset it will ignore the pedal setting until the pedal is changed. So, you should save the preset with the values that you want it to load with.

Thank you. I will go back into the preset and save it with parameters tied to the expression pedal at their MIN value and see if that does the trick.

Cheers

tingram67

IT WORKED!

Thank you. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.