H9 – Wah?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 – Wah?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      ljholland

I saw that the wah algorithm allows you to trigger using the expression pedal.  It is possible to use the H9 like a wah pedal.  If so, has anyone dialed in a tasty cry baby type of tone?

(I'd try the algorithm in the store but for some reason it is grayed out even though I've never tried it)

gkellum
      Participant

ljholland:

(I'd try the algorithm in the store but for some reason it is grayed out even though I've never tried it)

Is your H9 connected, or is H9 Control in Demo Mode?

ljholland

I was connected and trying to do the timed trial of the algorithm.

gkellum
      Participant

Alright, well, let us know if you still can't demo it tomorrow after the 24hrs wait period passes and we'll try to figure out what's going on.

sherbanico
      Participant

I've had similar issue today (the trial is grayed) when trying to demo the Octaver algorithm. I've tried it several times since I purchased the H9 but it has been way more than 24h and it is as if I can't try this one anymore. I'm connected with my IPOD via Bluetooth and tried some other algorithms without any problem.

(Awesome product by the way 😉 )

ljholland

An update….there are several Try buttons still grayed out.  I have not demo-ed anything in days so this must be a bug.

gkellum
      Participant

Alright, we'll look into it.

gkellum
      Participant

It turns out the trial functionality in the store for algorithms got thrown off by the change in year.  The current release of H9 Control won't let you try an algorithm that you tried in 2013.  We'll fix that bug in the coming release though.

sherbanico
      Participant

Thanks!

Thrilled about the future release 🙂

Oh and by the way a Happy new year to Eventide's great support team! You're the best (really!)

gkellum
      Participant

Thanks!

jimmyklane
      Participant

Any update on a timeline for this???  I very much enjoy the try feature, and it's led to several algo buys so far, but without it I tend to turn to other boxes.

gkellum
      Participant

Yeah, sorry, the fix for that has gotten tied up by the need to test the other changes for the next release. We're going to get it out as soon as we can.  

sleiweke
      Participant

So anyway… Is it possible to use the H9 like a traditional wah pedal?

JES
      Participant

Yes–I used it on bass with fuzz in front of it and it sounded great. My band agreed. You can get different effects with q-wah and modfilter, and you’ll do best playing around with min and max settings for the exp pedal. Also, use a 25k pedal. My moog ep3 is wonky at the bottom of the range.

datriani
      Participant

Yes, the H9 has a solid sounding Wah algo that works every well with an expression pedal.  It takes a bit of tweaking but you’ll find some cool combinations of settings that can emulate a lot of the wahs out there.  I use 1 of my H9 with the Pre/Post function so that I can use the wah before my distortion and switch to an algo with Chorus to go after the distortion.  

Works flawlessly and with some of the new features with the recent upgrade, if you set up your H9 properly, you can have 1 expression pedal have multiple functions 1 at a time.  i.e. wah, whammy wah, volume control and expression controls for delays, reverb and modulation effects can be handled with 1 pedal vs. having 3 large “expression” pedals for wah, volume and regular expression.  I only use 1 at a time anyways so this works out well.  However, I do use a large midi controller with multiple presets that are set up so that i can pull up sounds on the fly vs. accessing a dedicated wah, volume, etc.  Again, this takes time to set up but if you’re patient and open to doing some planning and programming, this might be an option for some guitarist.  

anibalresendez
      Participant

I can’t get a decent wah sound, is it possible if you share your presets?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.