H9: why the unnecessary UI limitations?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9: why the unnecessary UI limitations?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      cormallen
      Participant

Hi there,

I've just started seriously playing with the Synthonizer, and have become extremely frustrated that I can't set a base cutoff frequency for the filters, just the envelope amount.  In fact, there are a LOT of parameters to the synth models that must exist under the hood, but which I can't access.  The same is true for many of the other algorithms too.

As far as I can tell, the only reason that stuff is hidden from the user is that the iPad/Mac/Windows app for programming the H9 wants to make things look as much as possible like a xxxFactor.  This seems crazy to me: the H9 UI is pure software, and and can be made as complex as you want.  If you need multiple tabs, or a scrolling list of sliders, that's no problem – you're not limited to 10 or so knobs.  Yes, things could get confusing if an algorithm exposes 80 parameters, but that's fine – you can always have an expert/novice mode switch.  (In fact, I think my Eclipse does something like that).

So please, could Eventide stop crippling a wonderful bit of hardware by slapping an overly simplistic UI on it?

Harry

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.